McCormick in May 2020
|Born||Moses Monweal McCormick|
March 12, 1981
Akron, Ohio, U.S.
|Died||March 4, 2021 (aged 39)|
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Total views||176 million|
|Updated 13 March 2021|
McCormick gained popularity by speaking several languages with native speakers that he met in public places, and uploading the videos on his YouTube channel. He called this activity leveling up.
The foreign language in which McCormick was most fluent was Mandarin Chinese. He also spoke around twenty languages at a basic conversational level, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Korean, Somali, Spanish, and Swahili.
- Moses McCormick on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Ha, Thu-Huong (May 8, 2017). "An American conversant in 20 languages delights strangers in their native tongues". Quartz.
- Kim, Eddie (2019-07-09). "How This YouTube Language Wizard Taught Himself to Speak Dozens of Languages". MEL Magazine. Unknown parameter
- Lewis, Benny (June 21, 2015). "6 myths that prevent people from learning multiple languages". Business Insider.
- Lewis, Benny. "Language leveling up: Moses and Benny speak a dozen languages in Columbus Ohio". Fluentin3months.com.
- Thalen, Mikael (March 8, 2021). "Popular language YouTuber 'Laoshu' dies". The Daily Dot.
- Ke, Bryan (March 8, 2021). "YouTuber Laoshu505000 Who Spoke Over 20 Languages Passes Away at 39". Yahoo! News.
- Lethebo (March 5, 2021). "Professional Polyglot, Moses McCormick Has Passed Away". Latestnewssouthafrica.com.
|This article about an American entertainer is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Moses McCormick" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Moses McCormick. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.