MyCorona The Movie
MyCorona (the movie) is a romantic comedy set and filmed during the COVID-19 global pandemic. #MyCorona is believed to be the first full length feature film to be entirely directed remotely which was covered by The Hollywood Reporter and other publications. The script for #MyCorona was written in April 2020 and filmed on a closed set at the Silicon Prairie Center Studios in May 2020.
Director Phil Gorn and producer Kirk Zeller were in the middle of casting the SAG production The Picture of Daria Gray and were scheduled to start shooting on May 4, 2020 when the global pandemic hit. As The Picture of Daria Gray and other SAG productions got put on hold and the news was consumed with the lockdown director/writer Phil Gorn got inspired with the idea of two neighbors in adjacent apartments falling in love during the lock-down by talking through their shared living room wall. Kirk Zeller wrote storyline for additional characters to show how the Los Angeles apartment community where the two main characters lived was brought together by the pandemic as they all learned to rely on each other.
In early May 2020 as the filmmakers worked to put a plan in place to film safely using a closed set model producer Kirk Zeller proposed to director Phil Gorn that he direct the film remotely from Northern California. After careful consideration Phil agreed and the two began to devise methodologies for directing remotely. Veteran Hollywood actress and casting coach Crystal Carson became deeply involved in the project as casting efforts began. All casting for the film was done via video conference and the team was constantly evolving the script during the casting process. To make sure #MyCorona was filmed safely pre-production was managed by three residents of the Silicon Prairie Center who were their own quarantine group. They worked around the clock to build all the sets and gather all the props prior to filming. Due to the stores being closed and online retailers having shipping delays the script had to be further evolved as it was not possible to procure all props in time for filming. The majority of scenes in the film involve only one or two characters and many precautions were taken to keep everyone safe.
The cast and crew stayed on location in Ravenna, Nebraska where #MyCorona was filmed. Ravenna is also the filming location of the feature film The Border (also known as Troubled Child) (2012) and Directing Remotely and Filmmaking During the Pandemic: The Making of #MyCorona (2021).
the filming of the feature film #MyCorona during COVID-19
This article "MyCorona The Movie" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:MyCorona The Movie. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Ritman, Alex (November 12, 2020). "AFM Hidden Gem: How Pandemic-Set Rom-Com '#MyCorona' Was Directed Entirely Remotely". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- Ritman, Alex (November 10, 2020). "Why the COVID-19 Pandemic Has Become a Genre of its Own at the 2020 AFM". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- Brown, Rick (September 18, 2020). "Nebraska-made film '#MyCorona' marks history happening right now". Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- Brown, Rick (September 10, 2020). "'#MyCorona' movie filmed - safely - in Ravenna". The Kearney Hub. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- Barksby, Rebecca (March 2021). "Neighbors in the Time of COVID-19" (PDF) (March 2021). The Lancet. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- Dobis, Miles (June 2021). "Keep Rolling!" (2021 Edition). Destination Film Guide. Retrieved 3 July 2021.