Noor Al Suwaidi
Education[edit | edit source]
In 2004 Noor graduated with a bachelor's degree in studio art from the American University in Washington D.C. and in 2009 she obtained a master's degree in curating contemporary design from Kingston University, London.
Exhibitions[edit | edit source]
- 2015 Emirati Insights, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (speaker)
- (2014–present) Forward Contemporary Art from the Emirates,United States
- 2014 Modes & Methods, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (featured artist)
- 2014 In the Absence of Script, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (curator)
- 2013 Time and Space Matter, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (co-curator)
- 2012 The Present, Maraya Art Centre, United Arab Emirates (curator)
- 2011 Beyond the Frame,The UAE Embassy Washington DC, United States.
- 2011 Roaming Images, Maraya Art Centre, (featured artist).
- 2011 Like Coral, I Create Clouds, Mayfair's Gallery, (solo exhibition).
- 2010 The UAE Embassy Washington DC National Day Exhibition,Kennedy Center Washington DC, United States
- 2010 Experiment, Sharjah, united Arab Emirates (curator)
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2011 Artist of the Year Award, L’officiel Magazine, United Arab Emirates
- 2012 Emirates Women Artist of the Year Award,Emirates Woman Magazine, UAE
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Sai Kalyankar, Kent Courtney, Matthew C. Martino, Ashley (Carusone) Schappert, Bob Tuke, List of celebrities who own wineries and vineyards, Heth and Jed
Others articles of the Topic Gender studies : Girls' toys and games, Women's March on Portland, Colette Pervette
Others articles of the Topic United Arab Emirates : Lurento
Others articles of the Topic Visual arts : Graphic design, Lisa Frank, Alexis Marcou, Amy Sadao, Oekaki, Graphic designer, List of Czech artists by date
References[edit | edit source]
- Seaman, Anna. "Emirati painter Noor Al Suwaidi is stretching herself, technically and artistically".
- Seaman, Anna (4 September 2009). "The nation is now her canvas". The National. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "'Emirati Insights' Artists Talk Explores Photography in the UAE".
- Henry, Rowanne. "fowler museum presents first major-u-s-touring-exhibition-of-emirati-contemporary-art".
- "'In the Absence of Script' opens at Maraya Art Centre". Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- "Project D studios show Time and Space Matter | The National". Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- "Ambassador Corbin Thanks Participants in Contemporary Art Exhibition".
- "Roaming Images exhibition begins tomorrow at Sharjah". Khaleej Times. 21 June 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2018 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Simpson, Colin (25 April 2011). "UK royal wedding crowds boost UAE artist's show". The National. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Noor Al Suwaidi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Noor Al Suwaidi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.