Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Nové Spojení 2
|Nové Spojení 2|
|Locale||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Line length||9.7 km (6.0 mi)– 13 km (8.1 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
Nové Spojení 2, also known as Metro S is a planned series of underground rail tunnels through the city centre of Prague, Czech Republic. Projected in 2019 to cost 40 billion CZK, construction could begin by 2030.
Construction on the first phase of Nové Spojení began in 2004, involving tunnels and underpasses but no new stations. A plan for a second set of tunnels with new underground stations was developed between 2006 and 2009, but did not progress further.
After the first phase's opening, rail commuting became increasingly popular and capacity to provide further services is not available on the rail network in its current form. Building a second phase of Nové Spojení would allow cross city services from the Karlín area to Praha-Smíchov railway station via Karlovo náměstí (Charles Square); diverting regional services through the Nové Spojení 2 tunnels would allow extra capacity on existing lines for ongoing plans for high-speed rail in the Czech Republic.
As part of the project, new stations are planned including underground transfer stations at Florenc, Wenceslas Square (provisionally named Opera), Karlovo náměstí and Náměstí Bratří Synků.
- "Vlaky v Praze nestačí náporu cestujících, nové tratě mohou vést pod zemí". www.idnes.cz (in Czech). 23 August 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2020.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Podkopaná Praha. V roce 2030 by se mohlo začít stavět ,Metro S', vyšlo by na 40 miliard". www.lidovky.cz (in Czech). 24 January 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2020.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Odstartovala příprava železničních tunelů a zastávek v centru, realizace může trvat desítky let". Pražský patriot (in Czech). 18 September 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2020.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "New train tunnels planned for Prague". prague.tv. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Adapting to meet demand: the railways in and around Prague". Intelligent Transport. 17 August 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
This article "Nové Spojení 2" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nové Spojení 2. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.