Ocean of Tears
|Ocean of Tears|
|Directed by||Billal A Jan|
|Produced by||Rajiv Mehrotra|
The Ocean of Tears is a 2012 Kashmiri short documentary film directed by Billal A Jan and produced by Rajiv Mehrota under the banner of Public Service Broadcasting Trust of India. The film is a documentary of the crimes and human rights violations impositioned on the people of Kashmir especially on women. The film raises the issue of mass rape incident of Kunan Poshpora.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bhattacharya, Budhaditya (13 December 2013). "A conspiracy of silence". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Chatterji, Shoma A. (2015). "Chapter 8 Out of the Box". Filming Reality: The Independent Documentary Movement in India. SAGE Publications India. ISBN 9789351505433.
- "Ocean of Tears". Greater Kashmir. 14 December 2012. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "A documentary movie on Kashmir lands in controversy". english.samaylive.com. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "KU bans screening of 'Ocean of Tears'". Kashmir Times. 15 December 2012. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Shyam, P.V. (15 February 2014). "RSS workers stop screening of 'Ocean of Tears' at film festival". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Wani, Riyaz (7 May 2013). "Why The Government Doesn't Want You To Watch This Documentary On Kashmir". Tehelka. Archived from the original on 1 February 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Prakash, Asha (15 February 2014). "Ocean of Tears screened under police protection - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
|This article about a short documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Ocean of Tears" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ocean of Tears. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.