Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk
|Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk|
|Born||September 1, 1955|
|🎓 Alma mater||Ukranian State Academy of Water Economy, Rivne|
|Research in the field of dynamics of soils and structures and environmental safety|
Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk (born September 1, 1955) is a Ukrainian scientist in the field of informatics, mechanics, geoecology. He is a Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Founder of the Scientific School of Information Technologies in Geoecology.
Early life and education
Trofymchuk was born in Rivne, in the Ukraine. His "alma mater" the Ukrainian Institute of Water Economy Engineers, Rivne, Ukraine (1977). Now it is the Ukrainian State Academy of Water Economy (Rivne, Ukraine). From 1977 to 1998 he worked for the Institute of Hydrodynamics of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine where he rose through the ranks from post-graduate student to Dr.Sci.Tech. (D.Sc in Engineering).
Trofymchuk is well known in Ukraine and the world due to his researches in the field of informatics, mechanics, geoecology.
2016 — current, Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Director.
2012 — Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine on the specialty "Space Research", Ukraine.
2005 — Professor, Certification of the Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
2004-2016 — Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Vice-director.
1999 — Doctor of Science Degree, Institute of Hydromechanics of NASU, Ukraine.
1998-2004 — Ukrainian Institute of Environmental and Resources Research under the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Vice-director.
1984-1998 — Institute of Hydromechanics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, senior scientific researcher.
1982 — PhD of Science Degree, Institute of Applied Problems in Mechanics and Mathematics, Ukraine.
1980-1984 — Institute of Hydromechanics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, junior scientific researcher.
Trofymchuk has developed mathematical models of the dynamics of saturated porous media and based on them theoretically and experimentally established patterns of wave propagation, phenomena of dilatation and soil degradation.
At the IV World Landslide Forum (Ljubljana, Slovenia), the Institute of telecommunications and global information space of the NAS of Ukraine, under his leadership, received a certificate of the world centre of Excellence on landslide risk reduction for 2017-2020.
These research are implemented in the analysis of the dynamics of the New Safe Confinement of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, Juragua Nuclear Power Plant (Cuba), Belene Nuclear Power Plant (Bulgaria), in the design of marine gravity platforms, hydraulic structures, preparation of environmental maps and atlases.
Member of the Board in the International Consortium on Landslide (ICL).
Member of International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE).
- V.M. Seimov, A.N. Trofimchuk, O.A. Savitskii. Oscillations and Waves in Layered Media. Naukova dumka. Kiev. 1990. 224 P. (in English).
- A.A. Bondarenko, V.V. Meleshko, A.N. Trofimchuk. Forced Motions in Rectangular Elastic Waveguide // Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Recent Advances of Acoustic Waves in Solids. IUTAM BOOKSERIES, Vol.26 / Ed. Tsung-Tsong Wu. Chien-Ching MAL, Springer, 2010. — 363-369.
- O.M. Trofymchuk. Landslide protection structures and their development in the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea, Ukraine // Proceedings of the 10th Anniversary of International Consortium of Landslides, January 2012, Japan, Kyoto, 2012. — p. 123-125.
- A. Gourjii, V. Meleshko, S. Dovgiy, A. Trofimchuk. Modeling of propagation of a passive impurity on the surface of sea straits // IUTAM Symposium on “Vortex Dynamics: Formation? Structure and Function”. Abstract Book, 10-14 March, 2013, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoko, Japan, 2013. — p.128-129.
- Oleksandr Trofymchuk and Iurii Kaliukh. Activation of Landslides in the South of Ukraine under the Action of Natural Seismic Impacts (Experimental and Analytical Studies) // Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering B. Volume 2, Number 2, February 2013 (Serial Number 14), David Publishing Company. — p.68-76.
- O.M. Trofymchuk, I.I. Kaliukh, H.S. Hlebchuk and V.P.Berchun. Experimental and Analytical Studies of Landslides in the South of Ukraine Under the Action of Natural Seismic Impacts // Earthquake-Induced Landslides. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Earthquake-Induced Landslides, Kiryu, Japan, 2012. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013. — p 883-892.
- Rex L.Baum, Toyohiko Miyagi, Saro Lee and Oleksandr M.Trofymchuk. Introduction: Hazard Mapping // Landslide Science for a Safer Geoenvironment. Vol.2: Methods of Landslide Studies. – Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2014. — p.395-396.
- Olexandr Trofymchuk, Olexandr Kolodyazhnyy and Evgeniy Yakovlev. Hazardous Activation of Landslides Within Western Carpatian Region (Ukraine) // Landslide Science for a Safer Geoenvironment. Vol.2: Methods of Landslide Studies. — Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2014. - p.533-536.
- Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk, Grand Ph.D., Professor, Corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Landslide hazard zonation in Carpathian region of Ukraine using GIS. ICL-IPL Kyoto Conference 8-11 March 2016. — p. 91-92.
- Oleksander Trofymchuk, Iurii Kaliukh and Oleg Klymenkov. Monitoring and early warning system of the building constructions of the Livadia Palace, Ukraine. Springer International Publishing AG 2018 K. Sassa et al. (eds.), Landslide Dynamics: ISDR-ICL Landslide Interactive Teaching Tools. Volume 1. Fundamentals, Mapping and Monitoring. PP. 491-508. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57774-6_37
- Yaroslav Kunets, Roman Kushnir, Valeriy Matus, Oleksandr Trofymchuk. Interaction of Antiplane Shear Waves with Elastic Fiber in the Presence of a Thin Interphase Piezoceramic Layer. Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019 E.E. Gdoutos (Ed.): ISTAEM 2018, S1. PP. 401-403, 2019/ https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91989-8_97
Honors and awards
He has many state awards and honours of Ukraine, including the following:
- Corresponding Member, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology (2005),
- Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine (2015),
- Awarded the Honorary Diplomas of the Cabinet of Ministers and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2005).
- Award the Mikhalevich of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for achievements in the field of informatics, theory of optimization and system analysis (2015),
- Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of education (2017).
- "Trofymchuk Oleksandr M." www.nas.gov.ua (in українська). Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Director of the Institute".
- "Oleksander Trofymchuk's research works in Engineering and Political Science". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "REPRESENTATIVE TO THE ICL BOARD" (PDF).
- "Department of natural resources".
This article "Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Oleksandr M. Trofymchuk. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.