|League||The Basketball League|
|Head coach||Eric Behrens|
The Omaha's Finest are a professional basketball team in Omaha, Nebraska, and members of The Basketball League (TBL).
In May 2020, Tra-Deon Hollins announced the formation of the Omaha's Finest basketball team to compete in the 2020 The Basketball Tournament composed of Justin Patton, Louisville grad Akoy Agau, Tre'Shawn Thurman were among the players who were invited to participate. Previously, the city hosted the Omaha Racers. The franchise played in the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) from 1989 to 1997. However, on June 16, 2020, the tournament was scaled back due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the team was not included.
On January 27, 2021, Evelyn Magley, CEO of The Basketball League (TBL), announced the Omaha's Finest owned by Tra-Deon Hollins as a member of the league for the 2021 season. On January 28, 2021, Eric Behrens was announced as the head coach. It was announced on March 15, 2021, that the team will play its home games at Millard North High School and the season opener is on April 9 against the Enid Outlaws.
- "Ex-UNO star Tra-Deon Hollins launches Omaha Dream Team, enlists Justin Patton and more for tourney". Omaha World-Herald. May 4, 2020. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "Omaha's Finest doesn't make cut for pared-down The Basketball Tournament worth $1 million". Omaha World-Herald. June 16, 2020. Retrieved January 11, 2021.
- "Former Central, UNO star Tra-Deon Hollins is starting a minor league basketball team in Omaha". Omaha World-Herald. January 11, 2021. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report". OurSports Central. January 18, 2021. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "Omaha's Finest head coach is announced for the 2021 inaugural season". Omaha's Finest. January 28, 2021.
- "Omaha's Finest: Pro basketball prepares for first season in Omaha". KETV. March 15, 2021.
This article "Omaha's Finest" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Omaha's Finest. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.