On the East End
|On the East End|
|Directed by||Robert Priel|
|Produced by||Dylan Gans|
|Written by||Robert Priel|
|Story by||Robert Priel|
|Edited by||Robert Priel|
On the East End[edit | edit source]
On the East End is an upcoming 2018 coming-of-age drama film, set on the East End of Long Island, New York. Directed by Robert Priel, the film stars Robert Priel, Dylan Blue, and an ensemble cast. The film depicts the opioid epidemic that has struck Suffolk County, New York and the struggles faced by the adolescents living in The Hamptons. The film is set to be released October of 2018.
Plot[edit | edit source]
After an attempted suicide, Tommy attends therapy under arrangement with his hospital. In his final session, Tommy confronts his demons, and finds his identity with following his passion for film. The coming of age film On the East End addresses topics of addiction, identity, anxiety, and redemption.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Robert Priel as Tommy
- Dylan Blue as Charlie
- TBA as Myron
- TBA as Johnny
Production[edit | edit source]
In November of 2016, Robert and Dylan Blue began writing the treatment for a coming of age epic. In May of 2017, Priel and Blue finished their first draft. Principal photography is set to begin December 2017. Filming begins at the end of January 2018.
References[edit | edit source]
This article "On the East End" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:On the East End. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Rogers, Pat. "Dylan Blue, age 14, is finding his stride in the world of acting", 27 East, East Hampton, 6 September 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Goleski, Kerry. "Whiz Kid: Teen Actor Has It All Figured Out", Southampton Patch, Southampton, 6 September 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Hoell, Rob. "Suffolk County has most heroin-related deaths in New York State, report finds", Pix11, Suffolk County, 10 April 2016. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Smeltz, Mike. "22 Opioid-Related Overdoses Reported In Suffolk County Since Thursday", CBS New York, New York, 3 June 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Showalter, Aaron. "Nearly 22 people suffer opioid overdoses on Long Island over two-day span", New York Daily News, New York, 3 June 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Dowd, Cecilia. "16 people arrested in major Suffolk heroin, cocaine takedown", FiOS1, Long Island, 12 July 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Feld, Elliot. "Suffolk County: Highest Rate of Overdose Deaths in New York State", NCADD, New York, 30 June 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.