Atbus Optare Sigma bodied Dennis Lance in 2009
|Body and chassis|
The Optare Sigma was a step-entrance single-deck bus body manufactured by Optare between 1994 and 1996 on the Dennis Lance chassis. The body was constructed from Alusuisse aluminium alloy with fiberglass front and rear panels. It was the single-deck version of the Optare Spectra.
The Sigma was not a low-floor bus although its floor height of 40cm is considered low for a step-entrance design. The first built had two doors, the remainder only one. It was also similar in design to the Optare Delta. The Vecta had the same body styling as the Sigma but was designed for medium-length chassis, the Sigma was for full length chassis.
Unlike the Spectra, it did not last long enough to be developed into a true low-floor bus and was replaced by the Optare Excel in 1995.
- Merc underframed Prisma Commercial Motor 30 March 1995
- Daughters of Delta Buses issue 690 September 2012 page 40
- Companion to Road Passenger Transport History. Walsall: Roads & Road Transport History Association. 2013. p. 360. ISBN 9780955287633. Search this book on
- "DAF - Life after United". Buses (March 1994 issue). United Kingdom: Ian Allan Publishing. February 1994. p. 9.
- The Model Page Bus & Coach Preservation ISSN 1462-1886 February 2018 page 64
- Jenkison, Keith (2020). The History of Optare. Stroud: Amberley Publishing. ISBN 978-1445696942. Search this book on
- Optare Sigma Bus Lists on the Web
Media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]] at Wikimedia Commons
Optare, a marque of Ashok Leyland, bus and coach timeline, 1985–present
|Full-size bus||Delta||Agora Line||Esteem (ELC)|
|Double-decker bus||Spectra||Spectra LF||Olympus (ELC)||MetroDecker|
|This bus-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Optare Sigma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Optare Sigma. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.