Born in Innsbruck (Tyrol), after being a student of Végh, Bernstein, Boulez, Abbado and Zehetmair, Sallaberger began conducting chamber orchestras at the age of 17 (at Carnegie Hall in New York, 1987, among others). He continued his studies under the direction of Gielen at the Mozarteum University Salzburg.
Sallaberger, violinist and chamber musician, is now a conductor for the great lyrical and symphonic repertoire. He was the founder of the Rouen Philharmonic Orchestra, of which he was Music Director from 1998 to June 2010.
- Themessl, Sebastian (19 May 2010). "Oswald Sallaberger – Un musicien en movement, Interview" (PDF) (in German). Innsbruck: kons – Zeitung des Tiroler Landeskonservatoriums. Retrieved 3 January 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Biography – Oswald Sallaberger". La Maison Illuminée. 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "The Orchestra". Opera de Rouen. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Chion, Thierry (27 December 2018). "L'Opéra de Rouen-Normandie célèbre Abba, avec d'anciens membres du groupe, au Zénith". Actu (in français). Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- Hauff, Andreas (April 2012). "Im Hexenkessel musikalischer Fraktionen". neue musikzeitung (in German). Regensburg. Retrieved 3 January 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Official website
- Sallaberger on Forum Opera
- Oswald Sallaberger on MusicMe
- Verdi's Requiem, dies irae O.Sallaberger (YouTube)
Others articles of the Topics Classical music AND Austria : Karin Leitner
Others articles of the Topic Classical music : Richard Freed, Thomas Betzwieser, Carlos Ágreda, Bedřich Smetana, Sylvain Fort, Vilmos Tátrai, Ulrich Tadday
Others articles of the Topic Austria : Laudamotion destinations, Karin Leitner, The Imperium (professional wrestling), Austrian Gas Grid Management
Category:1966 births Category:Living people Category:People from Innsbruck Category:Austrian conductors (music) Category:20th-century Austrian musicians Category:21st-century Austrian musicians Category:Austrian male musicians
This article "Oswald Sallaberger" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Oswald Sallaberger. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.