Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Owl Mountain (Film)
|Directed by||Audrius Juzėnas|
|Produced by||Norbertas Pranckus, Justina Ragauskaitė|
|Written by||Pranas Morkus|
|Music by||Titas Petrikis|
Search Owl Mountain (Film) on Amazon.
Owl Mountain (Pelėdų kalnas) is a 2017 Lithuanian historical drama feature film directed by Audrius Juzėnas. The film portrays 1947-1952 political and historical events in Lithuania, when the brutal war broke out between the indigent inhabitants of the occupied country and the Soviet regime, which reacted to disobedience with massacres, executions, arrests, and deportations to Siberia.
The film shows lives of some young people from wealthy Kaunas families, who started their studies in an independent Lithuania, went through war chaos, and had to choose their way between difficult options: to emigrate, to join partisans (the name given to resistants), or to adapt. Some of them decided to move to the West, and tried to deliver truth about what was going on to the free world and to the US Congress, about the desire of independence of the Baltic States, and about the crimes committed by the Kremlin.
Some other made their war quietly, without weapons, they kept hope of a better life and of human happiness - to love or to be loved, to have a dignified life despite reality of Iron Curtain - it was known that media from free Europe were cut by the Soviet administration. Some other had their destinies destroyed. The movie targets the post-war generation, which does not know much about fight and fear their ancestors have faced. And tries to show that fear, was not able to kill the will of freedom. The film was supported by Lithuanian movies center and releases on symbolic date – February 16, 2018 - for 100th anniversary of Act of Independence of Lithuania.
The film was filming in various important historical locations of Kaunas town and around it: Owl Mountain, Kaunas Winter Port of Inland Waters, Lithuanian Zoo, Botanical Garden, various museums and churches etc.
• Aidas Jurgaitis – Tadas
• Rūta Šmergelytė – Aldona
• Arnas Danusas – Šmelingas (partisan)
• Darius Meškauskas – Russian soldier
• Paulina Taujanskaitė – Rita
• Aleksandra Metalnikova – Lidija (wife of Russian soldier)
• Aleksas Kazanavičius – Serapinas (Father of Tadas)
• Anastasija Marčenkaitė – Silvija
• Aldona Bendoriūtė – Serapinienė (Mother of Tadas)
• Monika Bičiūnaitė – Jadvyga
• Mantas Zemleckas – Kovas (leader of partisans)
• Adomas Jasiukėnas – Velička
• Dainius Svobonas – Karlas Hansas Rosmanas (German soldier)
• Aleksandr Špilevoj – Skardžius
The release date is on February 16, 2018 for 100th anniversary of Act of Independence of Lithuania.
- Official trailer: https://vimeo.com/248630651
- First trailer: https://vimeo.com/226807140
1. "Įspūdingos kino juostos kūrėjai Kaune atvėrė filmavimo aikštelės duris": http://kaunas.kasvyksta.lt/2016/11/14/kultura/ispudingos-kino-juostos-kurejai-kaune-atvere-filmavimo-aiksteles-duris/#ixzz51zLqNHr7;
2. "Aktorė po nufilmuoto epizodo dar valandą verkė": https://kultura.lrytas.lt/kinas/2017/12/25/news/aktore-po-nufilmuoto-epizodo-dar-valanda-verke-3968003/;
3. "Pelėdų kalnas" – priminimas šiuolaikiniam žmogui. Interviu su filmo aktoriais: http://kinfo.lt/peledu-kalnas-priminimas-siuolaikiniam-zmogui-interviu-su-filmo-aktoriais/;
4. "Pelėdų kalnas" persikelia į "Comic-Con Baltics" – pirmasis pristatymas ir dar nematyti kadrai: https://www.15min.lt/kultura/naujiena/kinas/peledu-kalnas-persikelia-i-comic-con-baltics-pirmasis-prisistatymas-ir-dar-nematyti-kadrai-4-876022;
5. "Kino režisierius A. Juzėnas: šimtmečio programa darosi madinga": http://www.respublika.lt/lt/naujienos/kultura/interviu/kino_rezisierius_ajuzenas__simtmecio_programa_darosi_madinga/;
6. "Pelėdų kalnas": emigruoti, trauktis ir prisitaikyti: https://www.lzinios.lt/lzinios/Kultura-ir-pramogos/-peledu-kalnas-emigruoti-trauktis-ar-prisitaikyti/249293
This article "Owl Mountain (Film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Owl Mountain (Film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.