P. N. Gadgil Jewellers
|Founded 📆||29 November 1832|
|Founder 👔||Ganesh Gadgil|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Ganesh Gadgil (1815–c.1890), a member of the Gadgil gharana of Dongare–Kondhe, first set up a jewellery business in Sangli on November 29, 1832, renaming it Gadgil Jewellers & Sons after his children were born in the 1850s. The jewellery business was firmly established in Sangli by 1860. After the birth of his eldest grandson in 1874, Gadgil changed the name again to P. N. Gadgil Jewellers & Sons, believing that his grandson's name, Purshottam, would bring good luck.
After Gadgil's death, the company was managed by his sons and grandsons, until the death of his son Narayan Gadgil in 1920. The company was later expanded by Purshottam and his two brothers. After Anant Gadgil set up a branch of the company in Pune in 1958, the two companies continued to function as a single coproration, until they formally split in 2012.
Since the death of his grandfather Anant in 2014, Saurabh Gadgil now serves as the managing director for the Pune branch. Since 2015, the Pune branch of the company has outlets in the United States and the United Arab Emirates, using a franchising model to extend operations. The Pune branch has become associated with several Bollywood celebrities, such as Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit. and has attracted controversy after being duped by potential franchise partners.
- Deshpande, Renuka (11 September 2011). "Gadgil Jewellers 179-year-old journey from footpath to international showrooms". DNA.
- Joshi, Parshuram Kamlakar (1989). Gadgil Kulavruttanta [The Gadgil Family Genealogy Almanac] (in मराठी). Pune. pp. 85–95. Search this book on
- Joshi, Parshuram Kamlakar (1989). Gadgil Kulavruttanta [The Gadgil Family Genealogy Almanac] (in मराठी). Pune. pp. 95–97. Search this book on
- "PNG & Sons: A gem among luxury jewellers". The Economic Times. February 26, 2021.
- "P N Gadgil Jewellers founder 'Dajikaka' dead". The Indian Express. 11 January 2014.
- "P N Gadgil Jewellers expands business". Business Standard. 11 January 2015.
- "PNG Jewellers get into franchise mode". The Times of India. July 26, 2018.
- Ghosal, Sutanuka (February 14, 2015). "PN Gadgil Jewellers rope in Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit for global endorsements". The Economic Times.
- "Pune: Director of PNG Jewellers duped of Rs 1.6 crore, say cops". The Indian Express. 20 January 2021.
- Susmit, Sneh (3 May 2018). "P.N. Gadgil & Sons to file for Rs500 crore IPO". Mint.
- Bende, Anurag (December 6, 2019). "PN Gadgil and Sons loses Rs 2.98 cr in hack attack". Pune Mirror.
Others articles of the Topics India AND Asia : Maharashtra, India, India, Sheetal Agashe, Gogte Group
Others articles of the Topics Asia AND Business : Sheetal Agashe, Gogte Group
Others articles of the Topics India AND Business : Sheetal Agashe, Gogte Group, RedSeer Management Consulting
Others articles of the Topic India : Bachelor in Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery, Jyothi Rana, Consulate-General of Japan in Chennai, Neetu Kapoor, Bank Manager, Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute Of Technology
Others articles of the Topic Asia : Vietnam, Shochiku Studio Co., Ltd., Borders of Russia, Sheetal Agashe, 2020 United Arab Emirates explosions, 2020 Iraq attacks, Saudi Arabia
Others articles of the Topic Business : Donald Trump (born 1946), International Appeal of 7 June 2020, Sheetal Agashe, Alex Cheatle, Huptech Web, Infinite Analytics, Inc., Gordon Stick
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "P. N. Gadgil Jewellers" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:P. N. Gadgil Jewellers. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.