Pakhi(translation: a bird) is a 2018 Indian crime drama directed and produced by the award winning playwright and theatre director Sachin Gupta under Chilsag Entertainment Network in association with London Players. It is produced by Sachin Gupta, Sushma Gupta and Rashmi Bansal. The film stars Sumeet Kaul, Anmol Goswami and Pihu Datta in the lead roles.Pakhi movie is based on true events of the life of a 10 year old, the story unfolds the miseries of child trafficking, flesh trade, child marriage and prostitution. The film received an 'A' certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification because it was said to be very intense and serious. They were also asked to remove the item song, 'Khabare hot', to replace the word 'Kali' wherever 'Kali Puja' is used and to replace 'Ministerji' with 'Netaji' The director started a movement with the hashtag JusticeforPakhi in order to get the movie approved by CBFC without any cuts.  The movie was supposed to release on August 10, 2018 but was finally released in September 2018 after all the necessary cuts were made. 
Plot[edit | edit source]
The narrative begins with Suhani, a young girl getting conned into the flesh trade operated by a goon called Bali Circumstances make the brutal Bali believe that Suhani is lucky for him and so gives her a royal treatment compared to the other girls in his coterie. Several months later, Pihu, her brother Maulik and an older sister land in Bali's den after their uncle sells them to Bali.While the older sister escapes the trauma by killing herself, Pihu is subjected to a Hyderabadi business man's gaze, who is keen to marry her. How Suhani helps Pihu and her brother escape from Bali's clutches forms the crux of the tale. It has a running time of 100 mins.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Sumeet Kant Kaul as Bali
- Anamika Shukla as Pakhi
- Anmol Goswami as Maulik
- Sikandar Khan
- Tanmanya Bali
- Vijyant kohli
- Komal Khanna
- Gital Patel
Music[edit | edit source]
The music for the film was composed by Shivang Mathur and the background score was done by Nikhil Koparde. The lyrics were written by Shayra Apoorva.
Track Listing[edit | edit source]
|1.||Andhere||Shayra Apoorva||Shivang Mathur||Prateeksha Srivastava||3:54||Aman Agarwal||Aman Agarwal|
|2.||Khabrein Garam||Shayra Apoorva||Shivang Mathur||Tanisha Datta||3:52||Rishit Chauhan||Atharva Joshi|
|3.||Gum Hain Kahan||Shayra Apoorva||Shivang Mathur||Prateeksha Srivastava||7:58||Aman Agarwal||Aman Agarwal|
|4.||Gum Hain Kahan (Duet)||Shayra Apoorva||Shivang Mathur||Aditti Mehrotra & Prateeksha Srivastava||13:22||Aman Agarwal||Aman Agarwal|
References[edit | edit source]
- verma, Ajay. "Human trafficking based film 'Pakhi' touching millions of hearts. | Today Express News". Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- Service, Tribune News. "Breaking the shackles". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "Sumeet Kaul & Anamika Shukla starrer Pakhi is all about child trafficking | Bollywood Town | Bollywood News". bollywoodtown.in. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "NATIONAL AWARD WINNER DIRECTOR SACHIN ANNOUNCES UPCOMING FILM PAKHI". www.face2news.com. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "Short Film Pakhi By National Award Winner Sachin Gupta Set To Release". Ghaint Punjab. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- Pohal, Poonam (2018-07-30). "Gupta's team for "Pakhi" address media at Chandigarh". Buzzing Chandigarh. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- Sharma, Yugantika (2018-08-13). "Sachin Gupta's Directorial Pakhi Got The Refusal Of Censor Certification". Kachcha Chittha. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- Sep 13, TNN |; 2018; Ist, 5:35. "Film on child trafficking gets 'A' certificate, filmmaker protests | India News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "'Pakhi' made on child trafficking gets 'A' certificate by Censor Board". Devdiscourse. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Sachin Gupta's Pakhi facing the trouble of censor certification - Bollywood Galiyara English". Dailyhunt. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- न्यूज़, एबीपी (2018-09-06). "चाइल्ड ट्रैफिकिंग पर बनी फिल्म 'पाखी' को 'A' सर्टिफिकेट, आइटम सॉन्ग सहित मिले कई कट". www.abplive.com (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- IANS (2018-09-05). "Film on child trafficking gets 'A' certificate". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Film on child trafficking titled Pakhi denied certificate by CBFC". The Statesman. 2018-08-10. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "#justiceforpakhi Instagram posts (photos and videos) - Picuki.com". www.picuki.com. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "#pakhithemovie hashtag on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- Service, Tribune News. "Story of survival". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Film on child trafficking gets 'A' certificate". OdishaTV. 2018-09-06. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- In exclusive conversation with the cast of film PAKHI, retrieved 2020-02-03
External Links[edit | edit source]
This article "Pakhi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pakhi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.