|Genres||Indie rock, electronica, trip hop, shoegazing, post-punk revival|
|Years active||2018 - present|
|Members||Michelle Opthof |
Sune Rose Wagner(Production)
Paragon Cause are a Canadian indie rock duo, consisting of Michelle Opthof on vocals, piano,keyboard instruments and Jay Bonaparte on bass, guitar and synthesizers. Their music is characterized by dark, dense arrangements with complex vocal harmonies. Their songs often deal with the female experience in today's world, particularly themes of abuse, rape, lost love and parenting.  The group is most notable for working with producer and co-member Sune Rose Wagner of The Raveonettes as well as providing the soundtrack and theme music for The Night Time Podcast.
The duo met in Ottawa, Ontario and, after forming the band, began recording their first EP, Escape.
The band's first album, Escape, was Self produced and self recorded. 
Lies Between Us
After releasing their first EP, the duo was connected with Sune Rose Wagner of The Raveonettes.  The trio met in Ottawa and recorded new material that would form the EP Lies Between Us as well as future material. The album was written by Michelle and Jay, with Sune Rose producing, mixing and provided instrumentation. The album debuted at #15 on FMQB Submodern National charts in the US.  The album was the #5 top album add to National College Radio in the US for its first week.  
“Let Me Be”
In Dec 2019, the trio released a new song from their collaboration with Sune Rose Wagner, Let Me Be, which debuted on KEXP Radio and featured on Alan Cross’s Music site, A Journal Of All Things Musical. 
During live performances, the duo usually utilizes Fender instruments (Jay uses a number of Jazzmasters and a Dr Z Amplifier while Michelle focuses on Vocals and a Korg SV1 Keyboard|. The duo uses a Roland TR8S Drum Machine for all shows.
Band line-up by album
- Michelle Opthof: Keyboard and vocals
- Jay Bonaparte: Guitar, Drums and Bass
- Benn Ross: Drums
Lies Between Us line-up
- Michelle Opthof: Keyboard, Synth, Vocals
- Jay Bonaparte: Guitar, Bass, Synth, Drums
- Sune Rose Wagner: Production, synth, Drum Programing, percussion and programming
- "Three Ontario Songs You Need To hear". cbc.org. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "Featured Reviews". Dave Chromwell. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "Interview with Paragon Cause". Sometimes Always. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "Paragon Cause Interview with The Seeker Newspaper". The Seeker. 2019-07-11. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- . Kexp radio. 2019-09-24 https://www.kexp.org/charts/09-24-2019/. Retrieved 2019-12-12. Missing or empty
- "SubModern FQMB Charts". SubMOdern. 2019-12-04. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "NACC Charts". NACC. 2019-10-01. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "Album Reviews". Ottawa Life. 2019-10-02. Retrieved 2019-12-13.
- "New Music: Paragon Cause & Danish Prod. Sune Rose Wagner Merge Ideals for Lies Between Us EP". The East Mag. 2019-09-27. Retrieved 2019-12-13.
- "Tired of Christmass?". Alan Cross. 2019-12-10. Retrieved 2019-12-13.
This article "Paragon Cause" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paragon Cause. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.