Patricia Louise Dudley
|Patricia Louise Dudley|
|Born||May 22, 1929|
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|September 30, 2004September 30, 2004|
|University of Colorado, University of Washington|
💵 Salary :
Patricia Louise Dudley (1929–2004) was an American zoologist specializing in research of copepods. She taught at Barnard College for 35 years and served as Chair of the Biological Sciences department. She was an NSF faculty fellow.
Early life and education
She was born on May 22, 1929, the daughter of David C. and Carolyn (Latas) Dudley, in Denver, Colorado, where her father was a salesman for State and School Supply. Her father died in 1932, and her family lived in Colorado Springs with her maternal grandparents while she was a child.
Dudley earned her B.S. degree in 1951 at the University of Colorado, where she studied under the direction of Robert William Pennak, a specialist in limnology. She received her Master of Science in 1953 at the University of Washington, completing her thesis on the subject of fauna present in four brooks in Boulder County, Colorado.
Dudley continued her research at the University of Washington with Paul Louis Illg where she contributed research on aquatic organisms including crustaceans known as copepods and invertebrates known as tunicates throughout the various stages of their development. She defended her thesis, entitled Development of Notodelphyid Copepods and the Application of Larval Characteristics to the Systematics of some Species from the Northeastern Pacific, in 1957.
During her time in Washington, she worked at Friday Harbor Laboratories, as as an instructor in marine invertebrate zoology.
Following her graduate studies, she joined the faculty of Columbia University in 1959 where she taught zoology at Barnard College, a position she held until her retirement in 1994. She spent two years (in 1969 and 1971) as an investigator in the Systematics Ecology Program at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Marine Biology Lab. In 1979 she became Chair of the Biological Sciences department at Barnard.
Dudley served as Secretary of the Invertebrate Biology section of the American Society of Zoologists from 1973–1976. She also was a member of the American Institute of Biological Science, the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, and the American Microscopical Society.
Dudley was named a National Science Foundation faculty fellow in 1965.
- Dudley, Patricia L.; Illg, Paul L. (1991). Marine Flora and Fauna of the Eastern United States Copepoda, Cyclopoida: Archinotodelphyidae, Notodelphyidae, and Ascidicolidae (PDF) (Report). NOAA.
- Matsubara, J.A.; Dudley, P.L. (1976). "Fine Structural Studies of the Dicyemid Mesozoan, Dicyemmenea californica McConnaughey. I. Adult Stages". The Journal of Parasitology. 62 (3): 377–389. doi:10.2307/3279146.
- Dudley, P.L. (1972). "Synaptonemal polycomplexes in spermatocytes of the gooseneck barnacle, Pollicipes polymerus Sowerby (Crustacea: Cirripedia)". Chromosoma. 40 (3): 221–242. doi:10.1007/BF00326178.
- Dudley, P.L. (1972). "The fine structure of a cephalic sensory receptor in the copepod Doropygus seclusus Illg (Crustacea: Copepoda: Notodelphyidae)". Journal of Morphology. 138 (4): 407–431. doi:10.1002/jmor.1051380403.
- Dudley, P.L. (1968). "A light and electron microscopic study of tissue interactions between a parasitic copepod, Scolecodes huntsmani (Henderson), and its host ascidian, Styela gibbsii (Stimpson)". Journal of Morphology. 124 (3): 263–281. doi:10.1002/jmor.1051240302.
- Illg, P.L.; Dudley, P.L. (1980). "The family Ascidicolidae and its subfamilies (Copepoda, Cyclopoida), with descriptions of new species". Paris: Éditions du Muséum. Search this book on
- Dudley, P.L. (1966). "Development and systematics of some Pacific marine symbiotic copepods : a study of the biology of the Notodelphyidae, associates of Ascidians". Seattle: University of Washington. Search this book on
- "U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007". search.ancestry.com. 2004. Retrieved 2018-01-03. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "1930 United States Federal Census". www.ancestry.com. 3 April 1930. Retrieved 2018-01-03. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "1940 United States Federal Census". search.ancestry.com. 5 April 1940. Retrieved 2018-01-03. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Archives West: Patricia L. Dudley papers". archiveswest.orbiscascade.org. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Dudley, P.L. (1953). "A faunal study of four springbrooks in Boulder County, Colorado". Search this book on
- Dudley, P.L. (1958). "The development of the notodelphyid copepods and the application of larval characteristics to the systematics of some species from the Northeastern Pacific". Search this book on
- "U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014". search.ancestry.com. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
- "Archives West: All NWDA Institutions Results". archiveswest.orbiscascade.org. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Ryan Avery (comedian), Raphy Santos, Mr. Rajkumar (actor), Tony Tinderholt, Willis Ricketts, Andrew Jackson Sevier, Black Jack Mulligan
Others articles of the Topic Biology : Fossil Taxon
This article "Patricia Louise Dudley" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.