Paul T. Liamos
Paul T. Liamos[edit | edit source]
Paul T. Liamos
|Wyoming State District Judge, Sixth Judicial District|
|Appointed by||Stanley K. Hathaway|
| image =
Liamos was born on December 10, 1925, in Neihart, Montana. In 1942, at age 17, he graduated high school a year early and entered the United States Marine Corp. On February 18, 1946, he was awarded a Purple Heart for war wounds he sustained (at age 19) while engaged in combat operations with the 4th Regiment, 6th Marines on Okinawa. He returned home from the service in 1946. On August 26, 1947, he married Wanda Fay Boulden in a garden ceremony on her family's ranch near Newcastle, Wyoming. That same year, Liamos moved to Laramie, Wyoming, to attend the University of Wyoming College of Law; he graduated with his law degree in 1951. After law school, he located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, to work for the Wyoming Attorney General. In 1956, it was off to Newcastle, where he started a law practice with Tom Whitley. In 1959, Liamos and Whitley joined Ed Halsey and Cuba Holloway in private practice.
In 1969, Governor Stanley K. Hathaway appointed him to the Public Service Commission, where he served until 1972, when Governor Hathaway appointed him to the district court bench to fill the vacancy resulting from Judge Rodney M. Guthrie's appointment to the Wyoming Supreme Court. As a state district judge, he presided over many cases some of which are well-known, such as the murder trial of Richard John Jahnke. After his service on the bench, Liamos returned to Cheyenne and served as a librarian for the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He retired from that position on September 30, 2011.
Rodney M. Guthrie
| Wyoming State District Judge, Sixth Judicial District
Timothy J. Judson
References[edit | edit source]
- Wyoming state district courts are "trial courts of general jurisdiction," which preside over felony criminal cases and major civil cases, review agency decisions, and hear appeals from the state circuit courts. https://www.courts.state.wy.us/district-courts/about-the-district-courts/
- Wyoming Blue Book, 50th Legislature Centennial Edition, Vol. 3, 1990 at 44.
- Wyoming Blue Book, 50th Legislature Centennial Edition, Vol. 4, 1991 at 146.
- Memories of War, 70 Years Later, Wyoming Tribune Eagle, November 11, 2013.
- Letter from U.S. Marine Corps Colonel A.E. O'Neil to Paul T. Liamos, Jr, February 18, 1946.
This article "Paul T. Liamos" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paul T. Liamos. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.