Phinix (electric aircraft)
|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Manufacturer||Pure Flight Solultion|
"PhiNIX" (Phoenix), stylized ΦNIX, is an electric, all-composite, low-wing, two-seat, light-sport aircraft developed and produced by Pure Flight Solution (Pure-flight), a consortium of companies Sport Prop, Phoenix Air, MGM Compro, and PEG in the Czech Republic. It is named after the Greek letter Phi (Φ) and the Phoenix Air's petrol version - Phoenix U-15. Phi also represents the electric potential.
Design and development[edit | edit source]
The development of the electric version of the airplane began in September 2017. The technical design of the aircraft is based on the gasoline version of this airplane Phoenix U-15 and the first electric two-seat airplane Electra (first flight 2011). ΦNIX is designed according to the new EASA rules, ie 600 kg of maximum take-off weight. The airplane is a low-wing with side-by-side seats and a chassis structure with a rear (tail) wheel. The cockpit has modern digital avionics and leather seats. Safety in flight is provided by a ballistic parachute. The aircraft is made with a modern all-composite structure using carbon fibers (carbon, composite). Due to the unique design, the aircraft has excellent flight characteristics and good gladio ratio up to 1:32.
Batteries and chargers[edit | edit source]
The Li-Ion batteries with a total capacity of 35 kWh are installed in the aircraft. The batteries are placed in the wings and under the front airplane instead of the engine. Pure Flight Solution will produce and supply the on-board Jan charger (can be connected to a standard 230V network). Next, Andre will be produced, supply and sold for a fast charge (a 3x400 / 230V mains) as well as a supercharger Nikola that will charge the ΦNIX aircraft in 20 minutes to 85% of the battery capacity. The Nikola charger can also be used to charge electric cars with CHAdeMO or CCS2 standard charging connector.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Crew: one
- Capacity: One passenger
- Wingspan: 11 m or 15 m (36 ft 1 in or 49 ft 2,5 in)
- Fuselage lenght: 6,5 m (21 ft 4 in)
- Maximum take-off weight: 600 kg (1322 lb)
- Propeller: in flight adjustable, diameter 160 cm (5 ft 3 in)
- Propulsion: pure electric, Engine power: 60kW
- Battery: Li-Ion, 35kWh
- Flight range: 2,5 h
- Best charging time: 20 minutes to 85% capacity
- Cruise speed: 160 – 200 Km/h; 100 – 125 mph (86 – 108kn)
- Stall speed: 65 km/h; 40 mph (35 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 260 km/h; 162 mph (140 kn)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Official webside Pure flight solution". October 6, 2018.
- Social media or Pure flight solution
- Kubátová, Zuzana (May 10, 2018). "Podívejte, jaká vznikají česká letadla. Mají ve světě zvuk jako německá auta či švýcarské hodinky - Seznam Zprávy". www.seznamzpravy.cz. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Phoenix air". October 6, 2018.
- "MGM Compro". October 6, 2018.
- "PEG - chargers". October 6, 2018.
- "Information from AERO Friedrischafen 2018". April 2018.
- "ČTK - Farnborough" (PDF). ČTK - CZECH NEWS AGENCY. July 15–22, 2018.
- Baker, Jason (April 21, 2018). "Seaplanemagazine article - AERO Friedrischafen 2018". Seaplanemagazine.
- Sigler, Dean (September 17, 2018). "Sustainable skies artilce - Smart Flyer Challenge 2018". Sustainable Skies.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Phinix (electric aircraft)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Phinix (electric aircraft). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.