Pickupp is a tech-enabled logistics platform that specialises in tailored last mile delivery service for both bulk and ad-hoc deliveries. Founded in 2016, the company has operations within 4 cities in Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan.
The company operates on a crowdsourcing model. The make-up of Pickupp’s delivery agent pool includes a significant number of freelancers and part-timers which include walkers, riders and drivers.
Crystal Pang, Co-founder and CEO of Pickupp, founded the company in Hong Kong in 2016. The company later expanded to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2017 as well as Taipei, Taiwan in 2020.
The delivery company focuses on being an asset light model, using data and proprietary software instead of operating its own fleets.
In December 2018, Pickupp secured pre-series A financing. The financing round was led by Alibaba Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Fund, participated by Spark Ventures and Axis Capital.
In April 2020, the company was appointed by the Hong Kong Department of Health as one of the official delivery partners to provide door-to-door saliva specimen collection service for people who need to undergo COVID-19 testing.  Not long after, Prenetics also appointed Pickupp as the delivery partner for its Project Screen circleDNA with an aim to test 100,000 individuals in Hong Kong for COVID-19.
In June 2020, Pickupp hosted Digital Shilin 2020, the night market event that is traditionally held in Singapore as a physical event annually on its e-commerce platform, Shop On Pickupp.
In Nov 2020, the company was appointed by the Hong Kong Tourist Board to be the official logistics partner for 2020 Virtual Wine & Dine Festival.
In Nov 2020, the company secured an undisclosed sum in Series A investment from investors such as Vision+ Capital, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport Macro Fund, Swire Properties New Ventures and SparkLabs Taipei.The intention is to use this funding to expand the platform across Southeast Asia.
The company also recently appointed a PR agency, Archetype to manage its regional communications strategy.
Pickupp uses optimised batching and chaining technology and an AI-based predictive pricing model to dynamically bundle orders in clusters. The company claims that this technology and their asset-light model helps to keep logistics cost low and deliveries affordable for e-commerce businesses.
Both businesses and individuals that need last mile delivery services can use Pickupp’s mobile and web app to create orders. During the circuit breaker period in Singapore which affected dine-ins, the company ramped up its express delivery services to provide islandwide food deliveries to restaurants and bakeries. The company also operates a food delivery and e-commerce platform, known as Shop On Pickupp. This platform acts as a marketplace where users are able to shop from selected shops and have products delivered to their doorstep on their desired date.
- Shu, Catherine (16 December 2020). "Hong Kong-based Pickupp makes logistics more affordable for e-commerce sellers". Techcrunch. Retrieved 16 December 2020.
- Abudheen, Sainul (24 December 2018). "Hong Kong startup Pickupp raises funding from Alibaba, Spark Ventures, Axis Capital". Yahoo News. Retrieved 24 December 2018.
- "Enhancement of specimen collection service for COVID-19 testing for patients of Private Medical Practitioners" (PDF). Hong Kong Centre For Health Protection. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Door-to-door specimen collection service for participants of Enhanced Laboratory Surveillance Programme for COVID-19 testing to extend". Gov HK. Gov HK. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- Marett, Coco (16 April 2020). "Prenetics CEO Danny Yeung Launches Project Screen, Making Covid-19 Testing More Accessible In Hong Kong". Tatler. Tatler. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- Florene, Ursula (6 June 2020). "Shilin Night Market Singapore partners with Pickupp, goes fully digital". Kr-ASIA. Kr-ASIA. Retrieved 6 June 2020.
- Yu, Doris (27 November 2020). "Alibaba's fund joins series A round for Hong Kong logistics startup Pickupp". Tech In Asia. TechIn Asia. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- Yap, Tun Yong (27 November 2020). "Pickupp snags Series A funding to expand last-mile logistics platform in Southeast Asia". E27. E27. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- Yuen, Simon (26 November 2020). "Pickupp appoints Archetype HK to handle communications strategy". Marketing-Interactive. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- "Popular Instagram-Based cookie store solves its delivery problems with logistics company Pickupp". HKET. 11 January 2021. Retrieved 11 January 2021.
- Lim, Joyce (7 June 2020). "Coronavirus: New players ride the food delivery wave, bringing more choices but also patchy service". The Straits Times. The Straits Times. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- Lui, Seth (7 April 2020). "Pickupp Singapore Partners With Your Favourite F&B Merchants to Deliver to Your Doorstep During the COVID-19 Quarantine". Seth Lui. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
This article, Pickupp, has recently been created via the Articles for creation process. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
This article "Pickupp" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pickupp. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.