Pieter Abbeel is a roboticist at the University of California, Berkeley, previously at Stanford, known for his work on reinforcement learning. He is the founder of covariant.ai. He formerly worked at Elon Musk's Open AI, joining in 2016.
Select awards[edit | edit source]
- Sloan Fellowship
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Program (AFOSR-YIP)
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Program
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (DARPAYFA)
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program Award (NSF-CAREER)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Early Career Award
References[edit | edit source]
- "A.I. Researchers Leave Elon Musk Lab to Begin Robotics Start-Up". Retrieved 4 September 2018.
[edit | edit source]
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 788: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Pieter Abbeel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Pieter Abbeel/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.