Pop Star (film)
|File:Pop Star (2013 film).jpg|
|Directed by||Carlos Portugal|
|Produced by||George Caceres and Will Raee|
|Written by||Carlos Portugal|
Rachele Brooke Smith
|Edited by||Robin Katz|
Search Pop Star (film) on Amazon.
Pop Star is a 2013 American drama film, written by Carlos Portugal and Robin Bain and directed by Carlos Portugal. It stars Christian Serratos, Robert Adamson, Ross Thomas and Rachele Brooke Smith.
Roxie is an underrated talented singer, who has a band with her brother Frank, Los Santos. When Eddie Marz, a Grammy-winning producer, watches a band audition, she thinks it is her great chance, but he has other plans. Marz proposes to use her voice as a "highlight" for Sienna Montez's voice, a socialite and reality show star with millions of licensed products and a loyal audience, but who has no talent. Roxie is shocked, but accepts the contract to pay the family debts and on Marz' promise to produce her band after Sienna's album. However, Sienna uses Roxie's original voice as if it were her own and, when the original singer revokes her rights, Marz denies her story. Roxie is helped by Nick, Marz's assistant, to expose the world to her talent and that Sienna's singing voice is really Roxie. While trying to repair her destroyed friendships and relationship with her brother, Roxie begins to develop feelings for Nick. The two kiss in the end.
- Christian Serratos as Roxanna "Roxie" Santos
- Robert Adamson as Nick Martin
- Ross Thomas as Eddie Marz
- Rachele Brooke Smith as Sienna Montez
- Walter Perez as Frank Santos
- Summer Bishil as Priscilla Santos
- Eric Roberts as Mr. Esposito
- Briana Lane as Yvette
- Emily Hahn as Paloma
- Kelli Maroney as Janice Montez
- Braxton Davis as Freddy Franco
- Micah Femia as Abraham
- Marco Tazioli as Landon
- Jeff Fatt as himself
The film was produced by George Caceres, Will Raee and Estilo Productions. It was shot on location in Los Angeles, California. The film was originally titled as Lip Service, but after changed to Pop Star.
- "Pop Star". prweb.com. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- gettyimages.com Official set photos
- "Downtown Filming Notices". Downtown. Retrieved January 27, 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Christian Serratos snags lead role in 'Pop Star' film". Team Twilight. Archived from the original on June 21, 2017. Retrieved January 27, 2017. Unknown parameter
This article "Pop Star (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pop Star (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.