RSA Award for Excellence in Mathematics
|RSA Award for Excellence in Mathematics|
|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 798: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievements in cryptographic research defined broadly|
|Country||Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Presented by||Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Website||Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
The RSA Conference Award for Excellence in Mathematics is given annually at the RSA Conference (the leading IT security forum, dedicated to the practice of Cryptography and Information security, see), and it recognizes innovation and ongoing contribution to the field of cryptography. The judging committee of experts which is associated with the Cryptographer's Track at RSA Conference (CT-RSA) seeks to acknowledge those nominees who are pioneers in their field, and whose work has applied or theoretical lasting value. Nominees are typically affiliated with universities or industrial research labs. The award is one of the top recognitions for a researcher in the field of Cryptography defined broadly. Leading cryptography researchers have won the award over the years, based on their innovative works. Note, in addition to this award, some pioneers in the field have won other awards in the same conference, most notably a lifetime achievement award which was given over the years to the RSA namesakes (in 2012): Ronald Rivest, Adi Shamir, and Leonard Adleman, and to the inventors of the notion of Public-key cryptography: Martin Hellman (2013) and Whitfield Diffie (2010), as well as to an early contributor to the field and its practice: Taher Elgamal (2009).
The RSA Award for Excellence in Mathematics recipients[edit | edit source]
|Year||Recipients||Citation/ Major Achievements|
|1998||Shafi Goldwasser||For pioneering theoretical foundations of modern cryptography.|
|1999||John Pollard||For major contributions to algebraic cryptanalysis of Integer factorization and Discrete logarithm.
|2000||Ralph Merkle||For co-inventing Public-key cryptography: the idea of Key exchange and the Merkle's Puzzles.|
|2001||Scott Vanstone||For outstanding contributions to applied cryptography.|
|2002||Don Coppersmith||For exceptional contributions to symmetric and asymmetric Cryptanalysis.|
|2003||Mihir Bellare||For major contributions to practice oriented secure cryptography.|
|2003||Phillip Rogaway||For major contributions to practice oriented secure cryptography.|
|2004||Silvio Micali||For pioneering theoretical foundations of modern cryptography.|
|2005||Dan Boneh||For innovative designs of cryptographic primitives.|
|2006||Oded Goldreich||For basic contributions to the foundations of cryptography. |
|2007||Jacques Stern||For contributions to mathematical techniques underlying proofs of Cryptographic protocols and cryptanalysis. |
|2008||Arjen Lenstra||For contributions to Computational number theory, including to Integer Factorization.|
|2009||Neal Koblitz||For co-inventing Elliptic-curve cryptography. |
|2009||Victor Miller||For co-inventing Elliptic-curve cryptography.|
|2010||David Chaum||For innovating Cryptographic Anonymity primitives. |
|2011||Charles Rackoff||For Computational complexity oriented cryptography, including co-inventing Zero-knowledge proofs.|
|2012||Eli Biham||For symmetric key cryptanalysis, in particular for co-inventing Differential cryptanalysis. |
|2012||Mitsuru Matsui||For symmetric key cryptanalysis, in particular for inventing Linear cryptanalysis.|
|2013||Jean-Jacques Quisquater||For contributions to Cryptographic engineering: hardware, standards, and practical zero-knowledge authentication. |
|2013||Claus P. Schnorr||For contributions to hardware oriented efficient practical zero-knowledge authentication and signatures.|
|2014||Bart Preneel||For contributions to applied cryptography and to the cryptanalysis and design of Cryptographic hash functions.|
|2015||Ivan Damgård||For contributions to cryptographic hashing principles and to Cryptographic protocols. |
|2015||Hugo Krawczyk||For contributions to hashing based Message authentication codes and to applied Key-agreement protocols.|
|2016||Ueli Maurer||For contributions to Information-theoretic Cryptography and to analysis of cryptographic schemes. |
|2017||Tatsuaki Okamoto||For contributions to numerous primitives and protocols within Public-key cryptography. |
|2018||Ran Canetti||For contributions to the foundations of Secure multi-party computation. |
|2018||Rafail Ostrovsky||For contributions to the theory and to new variants of Secure multi-party computations.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
The award is given annually to an individual or individuals, as the history of award recipients indicates. Over the years, almost all areas of Cryptographic research have been acknowledged by an award (mathematical foundations, number theory and algebra, computational complexity foundations, information theoretic foundations, cipher design and cryptanalysis, cryptosystems, symmetric and public key systems (design and analysis), cryptographic protocols, applied protocols, secure computations protocols, hardware oriented designs, standards, and so on). The various committees, over the years, have recognized pioneering contributions for their theoretical and practical lasting importance and high impact on the field development and external influence on related fields and actual applications of cryptographic technology.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.rsaconference.com The RSA Conference
- https://dblp.uni-trier.de/db/conf/ctrsa/ The Cryptographer's Track at RSA Conference (CT-RSA)
- "RSA conference award for mathematics". cseweb.ucsd.edu.
- "Co-founder of Voltage Security Wins RSA Award". www.SecurityInfoWatch.com.
- "RSA(R) Conference 2006 Awards Winners Announced". www.businesswire.com. 15 February 2006.
- 2007 announcement: [<a> href=https://www.ingenico.com/press-and-publications/press-releases/finance/2007/02/ingenicos-board-member-professor-jacques-stern-wins-the-2007-rsa-award-for-excellence-in-the-field.html</a>]
- 2008 announcement: [<a> href=https://actu.epfl.ch/news/prof-l-arjen-rsa-award-for-excellence-in-the-field/</a>]
- 2009 announcement
- 2010 announcement: [<a> ref=https://www.thefreelibrary.com/RSA%5bR%5d+Conference+2010+Honors+Information+Security+and+Cryptography...-a0220123554 </a>]
- "RSA® Conference 2011 Announces Recipients of 14th Annual Awards Program". www.businesswire.com. 16 February 2011.
- 2012 announcement
- 2013 announcement
- "RSA Conference 2014 Announces Recipients of 17th Annual Awards For Excellence In Information Security, Excellence In Public Policy & Excellence In Mathematics - RSA Conference". www.rsaconference.com.
- "RSA Conference 2015 Announces Recipients Of 18th Annual Awards For Excellence In Information Security, Excellence In Public Policy & Excellence In Mathematics - RSA Conference". www.rsaconference.com.
- "RSA Conference 2016 Announces Recipients of Annual Awards; Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to Art Coviello, Jr - RSA Conference". www.rsaconference.com.
- "RSA Conference 2017 Closes With Record Attendance - RSA Conference". www.rsaconference.com.
- "Official award announcement 2018".
- https://scientificwomen.net/women/goldwasser-shafi-107 Shafi Goldwasser
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCZURH0RBYM Jean-Jacques Quisquater and Claus Schnorr
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-248cGfwy4 Victor Miller
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnX2U2V6OMc Neal Koblitz
- https://www.rsaconference.com/speakers/hugo-krawczyk . Hugo Krawczyk
- https://www.rsaconference.com/videos/excellence-in-the-field-of-mathematics Ueli Maurer
- https://www.rsaconference.com/speakers/bart_preneel Bart Preneel
- https://www.rsaconference.com/videos/rsa-conference-2017-excellence-awards Tatsuaki Okamoto
- https://www.bu.edu/cs/2018/04/18/professor-ran-canetti-wins-rsa-award-for-excellence-in-the-field-of-mathematics/ Ran Canetti
- https://www.cs.ucla.edu/professor-rafail-ostrovsky-awarded-2018-rsa-conference-award-for-excellence-in-mathematics/ Rafail Ostrovsky
This article "RSA Award for Excellence in Mathematics" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:RSA Award for Excellence in Mathematics. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.