Ramaskrik film festival
|Founded||2011; 9 years ago|
|Language||English, all movies are screened in english or with english sub.|
Ramaskrik Film Festival is a Norwegian horror film festival, held every fall at Oppdal Kulturhus in Oppdal. In the fall of 2020, the festival will be held for the 10th time from October 15th to 18th. On their webpage the festival states that their goal is to present new films from all over the world, a combination of films with cinema release and the typical festival movies. The festival was in 2018 named by MovieMaker Magazine one of the top 30 genre festivals in the world.
In addition to film screenings, the festival have had film introductions by Norwegian and international guests, work-in-progress presentations and short films. Ramaskrik have been visited by both international guests, like director Alexandre O. Philippe(in 2019, 2017, 2014), film director and producer Brian Yuzna(in 2019) and English journalist, film critic, and fiction writer Kim Newman(in 2019), and Norwegian filmmakers like Andre Øvredal(in 2016) and Roar Uthaug(in 2019).
The festival have collaborated with other Norwegian film festival where Ramaskrik have put together a horror film program for the Kosmorama Trondheim International Film Festival and the short film festival Minimalen in Trondheim.
Ramaskrik have received support from the Norwegian Film Institute, Trøndelag county and Oppdal municipality. In 2016, the festival sold 2259 tickets, compared to less than 2000 tickets in 2015. In 2017, the number of visitors was 2713. In 2018, the number of visitors was 3000.
- "Ramaskrik". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "About Eamaskrik". Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "MovieMaker's 30 Bloody Best Genre Fests in the World in 2019". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Brian Yuzna visiting Ramaskrik". Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "Kosmorama film festival Program 2020". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Ramaskrik presents in Minimalen". Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "Norwegian Film Institute: NOK 17.6 million for festivals". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Fylte 3000 seter (Filled 3000 seats)". Retrieved 26 February 2020.
Creating site for Ramaskrik film festival
Updated with citations and more neutral language
I have removed the film programs and added more info about when guest were visiting.
This article "Ramaskrik film festival" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ramaskrik film festival. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.