Rayne William Supple
Rayne William Supple (born August 18, 1997) from Shelburne, Vermont is an American professional baseball player in the Colorado Rockies organization. Two-time Little League State Champion, two-time Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year, drafted out of high school by the Chicago Cubs in the 38th round of the amateur draft in 2015.
Amateur Career[edit | edit source]
2005: Supple was the Vermont Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit and Run Champion as a 7-year-old .
2008 - 2010: He was a two-time Vermont State Little League Champion for Shelburne Vermont in 2008 and 2010. At the New England Little League Regionals in Bristol Connecticut, Supple led the New England Region with a batting average of .600, with 3 home runs, and a slugging percentage of 1.40. His slugging percentage was the best among all eight Little League Regional tournaments and batting average was fourth nationwide . On the mound, Supple appeared in two games with no decision, giving up just two hits and racked up 15 strikeouts over 7-1/3 innings .
High School - Champlain Valley Union HS[edit | edit source]
2013: As a high school sophomore Supple led Champlain Valley High School to the Vermont D1 State Championship. In what was to become the longest Division 1 championship game in Vermont State history, Supple entered a tied game in the bottom of the fifth inning and threw six hitless innings, striking out six while holding off the favored Essex (VT) Hornets team who carried a team batting average of .389 into the championship game. Champlain Valley won the game 4-3 in 11 innings .
2014: Supple was named the Gatorade Player of the Year for Vermont as a junior.
2014: Played summer baseball for the Bayside Yankees
2015: Supple was named the Gatorade Player of the Year for Vermont as a senior.
2015: As a senior, he was named Vermont D1 High School Player of the Year. On the mound, Supple had a 6-0 record, and ERA of .57 with 70 strikeouts to 14 walks. At the plate, he hit .512 with 23 RBI, 14 doubles, 1 triple and 1 HR .
2015: American Baseball Coaches Association Rawlings All-American, First Team Region 1 (New England + New York) .
2015: 38th round selection in the Major League Baseball Amateur Draft by the Chicago Cubs. His selection broke a 13 year drought being the first Vermont high schooler to be selected in the MLB draft since 2002
2015: Played summer baseball for the Bristol Blues in the Futures Collegiate League. Supple was the first Blues player ever selected in the MLB draft.
College - Wake Forest University[edit | edit source]
2015-2018: Rather than sign with the Chicago Cubs, Supple honored his commitment to Wake Forest University - a member of the powerful Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). At Wake Forest, he excelled his junior year in the closer role recording 8 saves. His record was 5-2 with a 2.11 ERA over 47 innings pitched with 55 strikeouts vs. 32 walks in 2018. Opponents only hit .178 vs. him in 2018 and only .208 over his career as a Demon Deacon . According to scouts, he has a fastball sitting at 93-95 mph with and above-average to plus slider at 80-84 mph 
Professional career - Colorado Rockies[edit | edit source]
2018: Drafted in the 13th round of the 2018 MLB amateur draft by the Colorado Rockies. He spent his rookie season with the Grand Junction Rockies. Appeared in 21 games with an 0-1 record, holding opponents to a .239 batting average against.. He led the Pioneer League with seven holds 
2019: Assigned to the Boise Hawks.
United States Patent[edit | edit source]
This article "Rayne William Supple" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rayne William Supple. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "2005 Pepsi Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit & Run national finalists announced". mlb.mlb.com.
- "2010 Little League® Baseball New England Region Tournament". www.unpage.org.
- 17vermontbaseball (8 January 2011). "Rayne Supple RI Pitching 2010.mov" – via YouTube.
- "Search Results 2013 cvu baseball championship — Williston Observer". www.willistonobserver.com.
- News, Shelburne (28 May 2014). "Rayne Supple named baseball's Gatorade POY".
- "Professional -".
- News, Shelburne (5 June 2015). "Rayne Supple named Gatorade Vermont Baseball Player of the Year".
- athomeatfenway (11 June 2015). "2 Bristol Blues Picked in MLB Draft".
- "2015 ABCA/Rawlings High School All-Region Teams". www.abca.org.
- News, Shelburne (18 June 2015). "Chicago Cubs draft Shelburne's Rayne Supple".
- "Vermonters picked in MLB amateur draft - New York Yankees - Major League Baseball". Scribd.
- "2019 College Baseball Conference RPI - WarrenNolan.com". warrennolan.com.
- "Rayne Supple - Baseball". Wake Forest University Athletics.
- "ACC Dispatches: Duke, Wake Arms Shine • D1Baseball". 24 May 2018.
- https://www.wcax.com/content/sports/Supple-McDowell-Taken-in-MLB-Draft-484777801.html https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/2018/06/06/vermonters-rayne-supple-theo-mcdowell-chosen-2018-mlb-draft/679900002/ http://www.thecitizenvt.com/2018/06/14/shelburnes-rayne-supple-heads-big-leagues/
- "Rayne Supple Stats, Highlights, Bio - Grand Junction Rockies Stats". Grand Junction Rockies.
- "Pioneer League 2018 Pitching Leaders - Pioneer League Stats". Pioneer League.