Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee (Georgia Senate)
The Senate Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee is a 12 member legislative body consisting of a chairman, a vice-chairman, a secretary, and eight members. The Committee operates under a Senate mandate to create state and congressional district boundaries according to the population parameters resulting from the United States Census in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
Scope and jurisdiction
According to its page on the State Senate website, the Senate Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee "is responsible for creating and publishing the boundaries for all state and congressional districts throughout Georgia—according to parameters of the most current United States Census and applicable state and federal laws."
- Matt Brass, chairman (Republican)
- William T. Ligon Jr., vice chairman (Republican)
- Horacena Tate, secretary (Democratic)
- Gloria Butler, Democratic member
- Marty Harbin, Republican member
- Ed Harbison, Democratic member
- Steve Henson, Democratic member
- Jen Jordan, Democratic member
- David Shafer, Republican member
Other articles of the topic State of Georgia : Interstate Cooperation Committee (Georgia Senate), Information and Audits Committee (Georgia House), Governmental Affairs Committee (Georgia House), Budget and Fiscal Affairs Oversight Committee (Georgia House), Retirement Committee (Georgia Senate), Ethics Committee (Georgia House), Public Safety Committee (Georgia Senate)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of state government committees (Georgia)
- Senate Reapportionment and Redistricting. senate.ga.gov. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- Legis.ga.gov. Welcome to the Georgia General Assembly. Home page. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
|This article about a legislative committee of the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee (Georgia Senate)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee (Georgia Senate). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.