Ricardo J Komotar
Ricardo J Komotar
MD, FAANS, FACS
Ricardo Jorge Komotar
February 3, 1977 (age 41)
New York City, New York
|Education||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
The Johns Hopkins University
Duke UniversityOxford University
|Institutions||University of Miami|
Ricardo J. Komotar is a neurosurgeon at the University of Miami who specializes in the field of brain tumors.  He treats both primary and metastatic brain tumors, as well as meningiomas and pituitary lesions, using minimally invasive approaches and advanced surgical/radiosurgical techniques.. In addition, Ricardo J. Komotar serves as Director of the University of Miami Brain Tumor Initiative, Director of the UM Neurosurgery Residency Program, Director of Surgical Neurooncology, and Director of the UM Surgical Neurooncology Fellowship Program.
Ricardo J. Komotar’s educational background includes graduating summa cum laude with a B.S. in neuroscience from Duke University, including a dedicated year of neuropharmacology research at Oxford University in England. He obtained his medical degree with highest honors from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and completed his neurosurgical internship/residency at Columbia University. Ricardo J. Komotar then specialized in brain tumors by completing a surgical neurooncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Ricardo J. Komotar's research is focused on clinical trials, translational neurooncology, and novel brain tumor therapies. He has over 500 peer-reviewed scientific articles, book chapters, and invited editorials to his credit. Ricardo J. Komotar is co-author of the textbook Fundamentals of Operative Techniques in Neurosurgery. He serves on the Executive Committee for the Congress of Neurological Surgeons and the Executive Board for the AANS/CNS Joint Section on Tumors. Ricardo J. Komotar is Founder and Director of the Annual Neurosurgery Charity Softball Tournament to benefit brain tumor research, launching the event in 2003 as an intern at Columbia University Medical Center. Since then, the international fundraiser has expanded to include over 40 top neurological institutes from across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. 
- "Ricardo Komotar Official Website". www.ricardokomotar.com.
- "UHealth "Breakthrough Medicine" Documentary Series Nominated for Emmy Awards". www.med.miami.edu. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Komotar, Ricardo (March 7, 2018). "Building Miami's Brain Trust: The Race to EradicateMalignant Tumors". www.canetalks.miami.edu.
- Harris, Alex (June 2, 2017). "While Doctors Cut Out his Brain Tumor, he Sings 80's Songs". www.miamiherald.com. The Miami Herald Newspaper.
- Gonzalez, Diana. "New Laser Treatment for Brain Tumors Used on West Palm Beach Man". www.nbcmiami.com. NBC Miami. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- "Nasal Brain Tumor Removed Surgery Saves Patients Vision". www.news.umiamihealth.org. 2017-12-22. Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- "Weston Mother in Clinical Trial at UM to Treat Aggressive Brain". www.miami.cbslocal.com. CBS Miami. 2012-02-24. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- Rodriguez, Marybel (2014-12-11). "New Neurosurgery Technique Offers Hope to Father with Tumor". www.miami.cbslocal.com. CBS Miami. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Beyond the Medicine Documentary on Dr. Ricardo Komotar". HTV Networks. July 21, 2014.
- "Leadership UMBTI". www.umbti.med.miami.edu.
- Komotar, Ricardo. "Ricardo Komotar search results". www.nih.gov. US National Institute of Health.
- Khansur, Emaad M.; Shah, Ashish H.; Lacy, Kyle; Kuchakulla, Manish; Komotar, Ricardo J. (2018-01-30). "Novel Immunotherapeutics for the Treatment of Glioblastoma: The Last Decade of Research". Cureus. 10 (1): e2130. doi:10.7759/cureus.2130. ISSN 2168-8184. PMC 5910011. PMID 29692957.
- Komotar, Ricardo. "Komotar, Ricardo US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health". www.pubmed.com. US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health.
- Connolly, McKhaun, Choudhari, Komotar, Mocco (2010). Fundamentals of Operative Techniques in Neurosurgery. Thieme Medical. doi:10.1055/b-002-80421. ISBN 9781588905000.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Komotar, Ricardo. "Editorial Board Operative Neurosurgery". www.academic.oup.com. Congress of Neurological Surgery.
- "About Us Neurosurgery Softball Tournament". www.neurocharitysoftball.org/about/.
- Komotar RJ, Goldstein HE, Bruce JN (June 2018). "The Annual Neurosurgery Charity Softball Tournament: 15th Anniversary Commemorative Article. The creation, development, and establishment of a neurosurgical tradition". Journal of Neurosurgery. 128 (6): 1605–1611. doi:10.3171/2018.1.JNS172893. PMID 29473774.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- West, Melanie Grayce (2011-06-04). "Softball and Charity on the Brain". Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
This article "Ricardo J Komotar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ricardo J Komotar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.