Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner
|Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner|
|Directed by||James Castillo|
|Edited by||James Castillo|
Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner[edit | edit source]
Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner is an upcoming documentary film directed by James Castillo. The film is about a Filipino Ultra marathon runner, Gerald Tabios who runs his 5th Badwater ultramarathon, considered as the world’s toughest footrace. Together with his crew, Gerald has to run 2 deserts, climb 3 mountains, run 135 miles during record breaking heat across Death Valley within 48 hrs..
The film maker was embeded in the crew van as they follow the runner, starting in Badwater Basin in Death Valley California and ending at Whitney Portal, the trailhead to Mount Whitney. He documented the whole race without interfering and influencing the crew
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Considered as the world’s toughest footrace, Badwater 135 is a goal every serious runner in the world wants to conquer. For the 5th time, Filipino Ultra Runner Gerald Tabios is accepted in the race. Only 100 runners are accepted for this event.
The runners can have up to 4 support crews during the race. Gerald picks 3 runners to help him finish the race. Peachy, Ibar and Steve will be with Gerald along the way to provide support until the finish line.
Elite ultramarathon runner Phil Mccarthy also made special appearance in the film. Along the way, we hear commentaries from the crew as well as other prominent Filipinos in the Ultra Running community such as Tess Leono, Ben Gaetos, Jovie Narcise and triathlete Joe Matias provide commentary in the film.
The race starts at Badwater Basin, 282 feet below sea level and will end at the portal of Mt. Whitney, the mountain that has the the tallest summit in the entire contiguous United States.
2018 Badwater 135 is a record breaking year. 127 degrees that broke 1906’s record of 126 degrees. Out of the 99 runners, 30 DNF(did not finish).
References[edit | edit source]
- Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner, retrieved 2018-12-03
- "CEBUANO GERALD TABIOS: 5-TIME ULTRAMARATHON RUNNER | | Philippine News". Philippine News. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- For Gerald Tabios: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Tabios
- For Badwater ultramarathon: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badwater_Ultramarathon
- For Filipino: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos
- For documentary film: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_film
- For Mount Whitney: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Whitney
- For Whitney Portal: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Portal,_California
- For Death Valley: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley
This article "Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Running for Freedom: My Journey as an Ultra Marathon Runner. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.