Still from his Solo Play 'Hodi'
|🎓 Alma mater||Pune University|
|📆 Years active||2017–present|
Sambhaji Sasane is scholarship student of Drama School Mumbai. He has worked with various theatre companies in various capacities as a backstage artist, chorus as well as character roles. Sambhaji Sasane has toured with plays across Prithvi Theatre, Ninasam (Karnataka), Ranga Shankara among others. Sambhaji played the lead in a play directed by Daniel Goldman called 'Tartuffe'.
Sasane completed his Master of Computer Applications from Fergusson College (Pune University). Sambhaji Sasane hails from Kolhapur. He was born & brought in a slum in Pune named Hirabaug Slums where he ventured into theatre through Ganpati Plays. Sambhaji Sasane started working mainly as a backstage artist before landing small character roles in productions. He was amongst few people who got selected to present their ideas at Wiki Conference India 2011 held in Fort, Mumbai. Sambhaji & his team were among the winners of the StartUp Weekend held at Microsoft in 2012. Sambhaji Sasane played an important part called 'Sam' in the movie 'Wagherya' which was appreciated & well received at the box office. Sambhaji's performance as 'Tartuffe' was well-received by audience & reviewed by Times of India as 'Tartuffe makes for a great comical villain, especially with his pseudo sinister expressions and brazenness'. Sambhaji Sasane played a character called 'Sunil' in "Love and Shukla" directed by Siddharth Jatla which went to feature across Busan International Film Festival and other major festivals across the world
|Love and Shukla||Sunil|
- "Alumni: Over 40 graduates making careers in the theatre industry".
- "Sambhaji-Sasane - The Drama School Mumbai".
- "Sambhaji Sasane". IMDb.
- "There were rejections, rejections and rejections : Sambhaji Sasane - GlamGold". 3 May 2018.
- "WikiConference India 2011/Selected Submissions - Meta". meta.wikimedia.org.
- "LinkedIn Page".
- Wagherya, retrieved 2018-11-13
- "Theatre Review: Molière's Tartuffe - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Love and Shukla - Netflix". www.netflix.com.
- "Theatre Review: Molière's Tartuffe - Times of India".
- "TARTUFFE Hindi Play/Drama - www.MumbaiTheatreGuide.com". www.mumbaitheatreguide.com.
- "Scribble Foundation — Book Reading". Scribble Foundation.
This article "Sambhaji Sasane" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sambhaji Sasane. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Cabbies' tales turn inspiration for Bengaluru-based playwright". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- "Theatre director Chanakya Vyas on Algorithms, a play that delves into the lives of cab drivers in an app-based industry". The Indian Express. 2019-04-03. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- "When apps take over". mid-day. 2019-04-03. Retrieved 2019-06-17.