|Traded as||NASDAQ: SGMO|
Russell 2000 Index component
Richmond, California, U.S.
|Sandy Macrae (CEO) |
Edward Rebar (CTO)
Number of employees
Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. (previously known as Sangamo Biosciences, Inc.) is an American biotechnology company based in Richmond, California. It applies cell and gene therapy to combat haemophilia and other genetic diseases.
The company was founded in 1995 in Richmond, California. It was originally known as Sangamo Biosciences, Inc. before changing names in 2017. In September 2018, it had 182 employees. Sandy Macrae is the president. In 2018, Edward Rebar became the senior vice president and chief technology officer of Sangamo.
Sangamo applies technology to treat haemophilia B and lysosomal storage diseases including mucopolysaccharidosis type I and Hunter syndrome. The FDA granted Sangamo fast track designation for SB-525, a gene therapy candidate for haemophilia A. In its partnership with Pfizer, Sangamo uses Bioverativ in hemoglobinopathies such as beta thalassemia and sickle cell disease. It is also developing zinc finger gene editing technology.
- McConaghie, Andrew (2017-05-17). "Sangamo and new gene therapy partner Pfizer lifted by FDA fast track". Pharmaphorum. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Sangamo Therapeutics Inc. (SGMO) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for September 04". Equities. 2018-09-08. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Ledford, Heidi (2018-09-05). "First test of in-body gene editing shows promise". Nature. doi:10.1038/d41586-018-06195-6. ISSN 0028-0836.
- "Sangamo Therapeutics appoints Edward Rebar as senior vice president". Post Online Media. Richmond, California. 2018-07-16. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Renauer, Cory (2018-09-06). "Sangamo's Zinc Fingers Fail Again. Time to Walk Away?". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Others articles of the Topic Companies : Winchester Cheese Company, List of microbreweries, Ouvry, VIF Airways, Penitalia, UpGrad, Paisalo Digital Limited
Others articles of the Topic Biotechnology : MON 89034
"Contra Costa County, California" is an invalid category parameter for Template:Coord missing.
The problem is usually caused either by a spelling mistake or by an-over-precise category.
For a full list of categories, see Category:Unclassified articles missing geocoordinate data and its subcategories.
This article "Sangamo Therapeutics" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sangamo Therapeutics. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.