Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Mr Wijeyekoon was appointed in 2010 as a Consultant Surgeon at the Royal London Hospital. He then transferred as Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at the Homerton University Hospital Foundation Trust in 2011. He was the clinician for the Homerton Anogenital Neoplasia Service (2013-2015) and lead colorectal surgeon for the Homerton Endometriosis Service. Mr Wijeyekoon was then appointed as Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in 2015. He joined Nuffield Health Bournemouth as a consultant surgeon in the same year. In 2016, he joined the MacMillan Cancer Support as their UK expert clinician for AIN3 and provides online advice to patients around the world afflicted by this condition. He was appointed as Visiting Fellow at Bournemouth University in 2016.
In 2012, Mr Wijeyekoon was part of the medical team based at Homerton University Hospital in London which provided clinical care for athletes and officials at the games of the 30th Olympiad ( London 2012 Olympic and Para-Olympic Games) based in East London.
- 1993: The Sidney Sussex College Cambridge Travel Award for Overseas Surgical Research
- 2000: The Royal College for Surgeons of England and Department of Health United Kingdom Research Fellowship to the National Liver Transplant Audit, United Kingdom and Ireland
- 2009: University College Hospital Clinical Training Award
- 2011: The Worshipful Company of Cutlers' Surgical Award
- 2016: Visiting Fellow Bournemouth University
- Reporters, Telegraph (2016-05-20). "Grandfather aged 99 becomes world's oldest person to beat cancer". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "This man might be the oldest person to ever beat cancer". The Independent. 2016-05-21. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "99-Year-Old Brit Thought To Be World's Oldest Person To Beat Cancer". HuffPost UK. 2016-05-23. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Cancer survivor, 99, thought to be oldest in the world". Seniors News. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- Williams, Zoe (2013-05-18). "I discovered I had colon cancer while I was pregnant". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Doctors laud 'oldest cancer survivor'". BBC News. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon | Bowel disease | Colorectal cancer | ACPGBI". www.acpgbi.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Bournemouth Private Clinic | Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon". www.bournemouthprivateclinic.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "I have so much left to do with my life, says great-granddad cured of cancer aged 99". Bournemouth Echo. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon". rbch.nhs.uk/. Unknown parameter
- "Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon". www.nuffieldhealth.com. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- Sanjaya Wijeyekoon, Nuffield Health
This article "Sanjaya Wijeyekoon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sanjaya Wijeyekoon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.