Scattering CJ (film)
Scattering CJ is a 2019 feature-length documentary film about the Scattering CJ Facebook page launched by the Twomey family after their son CJ's suicide in 2010. The documentary is a Spark Media film and was directed by Andrea Kalin and produced by Andrea Kalin and David Lobatto.
|Directed by||Andrea Kalin|
|Produced by||Andrea Kalin and David Lobatto|
|Written by||Andrea Kalin|
John TwomeyConnor Twomey
Theo SchearMark Smith
|Edited by||Leo Fallas Paula Heredia|
|September 12-15, 2019 at the Camden International Film Festival|
Search Scattering CJ (film) on Amazon.
In 2013, nearly three and a half years after CJ Twomey's suicide in 2010, his mother Hallie Twomey turned to social media for support.  Hallie put out an open call on Facebook, looking for a handful of travelers who might help fulfill her son's wish to see the world by scattering some of his ashes in a place of meaning.
The Facebook page grew into an online community with nearly 21,000 members, with 12,000 people offering to scatter CJ's ashes. Volunteers have since taken and scattered CJ in more than 1,000 unique locations worldwide. His family's story has been covered on television and in newspapers around the globe.
The film will premiere at the Camden International Film Festival in September 2019.
According to the Lewiston Sun Journal, "[Director Andrea] Kalin has also sent the documentary to other festivals for consideration...[and] hopes to roll out the films to communities, military organizations and college campuses."
The official Scattering CJ trailer had its world premiere at the Facebook 2019 Global Safety and Wellness Summit on May 15, 2019.  Hallie Twomey spoke to a worldwide audience about the Scattering CJ project and film.
- Director: Andrea Kalin
- Writer: Andrea Kalin
- Producer: Andrea Kalin and David Lobatto
- Directors of Photography: Ethan Oser, Theo Schear, Mark Smith
- Editors: Leo Fallas and Paula Heredia
- Composer: Ceiri Torjussen
- Sound Designer: Cheryl Ottenritter, Rick Rush
- Re-Recording Mixer: Cheryl Ottenritter
- Colorist: Leo Fallas
- Motion Graphics and Compositor: Luis G. Portillo
- Graphic Designer: Kelly Vella
- Associate Producer: Ethan Oser
- Production Manager: James Mirabello
- Field Producers: Yael Luttwak, Karen Simon
- Official Scattering CJ (film) Website
- Scattering CJ on IMDB
- Spark Media Page
- Scattering CJ Facebook Page
- Journal, Lindsay TiceSun (2019-06-25). "'Scattering CJ' documentary to tell Auburn family's story". Lewiston Sun Journal. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "'Scattering CJ' documentary to shine light on suicide, mental illness". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- Coy, Myiea; things!, ContributorWriter/ Producer lover of all (2016-07-01). "'Scattering CJ' -- A New Film Chronicles One Mom's Mission To Ignite A Candid Conversation About Suicide". HuffPost. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "2019 Global Safety and Well-Being Summit | Facebook Newsroom". Retrieved 2019-07-17.
This article "Scattering CJ (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Scattering CJ (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.