School Management Software
School Management Software
The term ‘management’ encompasses an array of different functions undertaken to accomplish a task successfully. In the simplest of terms, management is all about ‘getting things done’. However, it is the way and the process of how one achieves ones target or goals and it is in this respect that management is considered an art and a science as well.
A school management software is a tool that is specifically designed to streamline the paperless administration of schools and educational institutions. It consists of various modules that greatly help the teachers and staff in maintaining student records, academic history, and other essential student information. An efficient school management system acts as a unifier for the different departments/functions and can be accessed from any location. Web-based school management software is the best way to manage a school in a productive, systematic and organized manner.
Features of School Management System
- Student Management: A school management software keeps track of the students entire registration process. Users can easily add, modify, and view modules which give them complete information of a student’s admission process.
- Academic Management: Academic management software keeps a complete record of student history. Management can track the progress chart of students and view marks, thereby getting to know the knowledge level of learners.
- Inventory Management: This module facilitates a school to maintain and check the stock levels of critical items. Users can store purchase details, determine the stationary stock level and get to know when to purchase new inventory.
- Fee Management: Management of fees is a critical task for any school – this module maintains a complete track record of the number of fees paid off the entire student base. It also has a facility for producing, as well as cancelling fee receipts.
- Library Management: This module undertakes the complete management of school libraries. It keeps a record of the number of books, issue date, return date and purchase requirements of books.
- Report Management: This module allows users to generate advanced analytical reports which can help in making better decisions and supply to the specific needs of the academic institution.
- Payroll Management: This module helps in maintaining the payroll records for all the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school.
- Notifications and Alerts: Students, teaching staff and management get timely notifications and alerts regarding important school events and activities through this module.
- Timetable Management: Managing a school timetable is a complex task – this module helps in setting and maintaining the timetable according to the academic regulations.
- Hostel Management: This module manages all the activities of students residing in school hostels such as room allocation, stock of hostel items and supplies.
- Attendance Management: Keeping an updated record of all student’s attendance is an important function of schools – this module tracks student attendance and keeps a list of students coming under specific attendance requirements.
- Human Resource: This module handles human resource related data sources such as payroll of teachers, statutory compliances, and leave management of the staff.
- Online Examination Record: This module facilitates students and staff to view test scores and marks of students online to keep a detailed track of their progress in school examinations.
Reasons To Use School Management System
School Management Software includes technology in schools
Technology this day has provided the easiest way for things to us. According to research done by Telegraph, it was discovered that the inclusion of technology into the workplace led to an “84% increase in productivity. This directly indicates that using School Management System is a way of positioning school for growth and productivity.
School Management Software increases parents and School Interactions
Through Activity reports tracking, it has encouraged the interactions between parents and the school. Parents do not necessarily have to get into the school to know what’s happening in the school regarding their kids. Also, they can easily access every needed information at their comfort. Either through the Mobile App, web or through Mails and Text Messages.
It gives School Administrator Real-Time Analytics
The primary need of a school administrator is knowing with accurate data if the school is developing or not. School management software helps the school to capture invisible statistics the growth insight of the school. Also, the data generated from this analytics can be used to implement models to foster the school development.
It enhances Learning
School Management Software enhances E-learning on its platform. It does this through the creation of additional learning video for students that covers a wide range of courses. And also through its E-Lesson note algorithm for teachers. Above all, it has helped to increase the standards of learning and to improve its quality across schools.
It also helps the school manages Finances and Expenses
A lot of time, it is difficult for School administrators to accurately keep tabs on the money and expenses of the school. Especially with the conventional paper and pen. But school management system has been able to create a platform for school administrators.
- To effortlessly automate their financial processes like payment of school fees, the proper payment history of each student.
- Tracking of the defaulters to the total expense monitoring in the school.
- https://www.bartleby.com/essay/School-Management-F3YYKCY436YYS School Management
- D. Zhibing Liu, Huixia Wang, Hui Zan “Design and implementation of student information management system.” 2010 International Symposium on intelligence information processing and trusted computing.
- M.A.Norasiah and A.Norhayti “Intelligent student information system.”, 4th International conference on telecommunication technology proceedings. Shah Alam, Malaysia, 0-7803-7773-7/03 2013 IEEE.
- Bird, P. (1989). Countdown to Local Admin. Educational Computing, 10(1), 19-21
- McNurlin, B. C. & Sprague, R. H. Jr. (1989). Information Systems Management in Practice. Prentice-Hall.
- Hedberg, J. G., Harper, B. and Bloch, D. (1992). Educational information systems: Problems of the small educational organisation. Australian Journal of Educational Technology, 8(2), 132-160. http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet8/hedberg.html
School Management Software
This article "School Management Software" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:School Management Software. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.