Search Shawn Lawson on Amazon.
Shawn Lawson (born 13 January 1994) is a Canadian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Detroit City FC.
Shawn Lawson is the son of Jimmy and Colleen Lawson. His father was a former Jamaica national team player. Lawson grew up playing soccer in Scarborough, Ontario. After standing out for his Canadian youth soccer clubs, Lawson was invited to spend time with the Feyenoord youth academy in Holland. Lawson returned to Ontario to play for Pickering SC and Ajax Strikers where his performances attracted the interest of Oakland University in Michigan; Lawson was offered a four-year soccer scholarship.
Lawson played four years for the Oakland Golden Grizzlies men's soccer team, making 78 appearances, scoring eight times and recording 7 assists. Lawson was named to the All-Horizon League first team in 2014 as Oakland went on to be crowned Horizon League champions for the first time. He was also named to the All-Horizon League second team in 2015.
In 2013, Shawn Lawson made his debut for Detroit City FC in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL). Lawson made several appearances in his first season, scoring one goal against FC Buffalo. In 2014, Lawson again suited up for Le Rouge scoring three goals. His goal against Fort Pitt Regiment was named the 2014 NPSL Goal of the Year.
Lawson played for the Des Moines Menace of the Premier Development League (now USL League Two) in 2015.
In 2017, Lawson returned to Detroit City FC. Lawson led the team in scoring, with nine league goals en route to Detroit City FC winning the NPSL Midwest Regional Championship. In 2018, Lawson becamee the first player in club history to achieve back-to-back seasons scoring 10 or more goals in all competitions, including two goals in two games in the U.S. Open Cup against the Michigan Bucks and FC Cincinnati. In 2019, Lawson broke the club's single-season scoring record, after scoring a hat trick against AFC Ann Arbor. Lawson finished the regular NPSL season with 14 league goals. Lawson rounded out the year scoring the lone goal against Mexican professional team FC Juárez, a hat trick in an exhibition match against Windsor TFC, and tallied his first goal in NPSL Members Cup, scoring against Napa Valley 1839 FC. Lawson finished 2019 with a total of 19 goals in all competitions and was the recipient of the 2019 Black Arrow, the yearly award given to the team's most valuable player.
Lawson is the all-time leading goalscorer in Detroit City FC history with 44 goals in all competitions.
Lawson is a former Jamaica U17 international. He represented Jamaica at the 2011 CONCACAF U-17 Championship in Jamaica and the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico. Lawson was also called into the Jamaica U23 pre-Olympic squad in 2015.
|Detroit City FC||2013||NPSL||6||1||0||0||0||0||6||1|
|Des Moines Menace||2015||PDL||8||1||0||0||0||0||8||1|
|Michigan Stars FC||2016||NPSL||12||2||0||0||0||0||12||2|
|Detroit City FC||2017||NPSL||15||9||0||0||6||1||21||10|
- III, James L. Edwards. "What constitutes a good goal scorer? Just watch Detroit City..." The Athletic.
- McGill, Aldwyn (May 27, 2012). "Jamaica Football: Reggae Boyz History". Caribbean Stars Inc. – via Google Books.
- Kelly, Brad (August 6, 2012). "Ajax's Shawn Claud Lawson off to Oakland University". DurhamRegion.com.
- "Career Stats (PDF)" (PDF). Oakland University Athletics.
- "Shawn Lawson - Men's Soccer". Oakland University Athletics.
- Sharpe, Fletcher (June 24, 2013). "NPSL soccer: Detroit City FC routs FC Buffalo in front of record crowd, seizes control of division (video)". mlive.
- "LAWSON STRIKE NAMED 2014 STAPLES MAKE MORE HAPPEN GOAL OF THE YEAR". August 13, 2014.
- Writer, Kevin Biglin, DCFC Staff (August 21, 2017). "Detroit City FC 2017 Season Review". Detroit City FC.
- O'Connor, Larry. "DCFC edges Michigan Bucks in dramatic U.S. Open Cup match". Detroit News.
- O'Connor, Larry. "Detroit City FC's U.S. Open Cup run ends in extra time at hands of FC Cincinnati". Detroit News.
- O'Connor, Larry. "Detroit City FC strikes quick, defeats AFC Ann Arbor to clinch first place". Detroit News.
- O'Connor, Larry. "Detroit City FC falls to Mexico's FC Juarez in international friendly". Detroit News.
- O'Connor, Larry. "Shawn Lawson's hat trick lifts Detroit City FC to exhibition win over Windsor before 6,083". Detroit News.
- "Detroit City FC squashes Napa Valley 1839 FC, remains unbeaten in Members Cup". Detroit News.
- FC, Mitch Gatzke, Detroit City (October 19, 2019). "Detroit City cap off season as NPSL Members Cup champions". Detroit City FC.
- "FIFA U-17 World Cup Mexico 2011 - Teams - Jamaica". FIFA.com.
This article "Shawn Lawson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Shawn Lawson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.