Silk (upcoming film)
|Produced by||Amy Pascal|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
Silk is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is intended to be a film in Sony's Marvel Universe, adjunct to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).[N 1]
After announcing plans for a new shared universe of films to be connected to the Spider-Man film franchise beginning with the MCU's Spider-Man: Homecoming, Sony was revealed to be developing one based on Silk.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
In May 2017, Sony announced plans for a new shared universe named "Sony's Marvel Universe", to feature Spider-Man-related properties beginning with Venom in October 2018. By the end of June 2018, Sony and producer Amy Pascal had begun development on a film featuring the character Cindy Moon / Silk, and were actively looking for a writer for the project. Moon was previously portrayed by Tiffany Espensen in Sony's Marvel Cinematic Universe film Spider-Man: Homecoming, which Pascal described as being set in "the same world" as the Sony MU films. Discussion of the project focused on Moon's Korean-American ethnicity, with Sony wanting to promote diversity among the lead characters of its MU.
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Hadden, James (June 13, 2017). "Kevin Feige Says There Are No Plans For VENOM In The Marvel Cinematic Universe". ScreenGeek.net. Archived from the original on June 19, 2017. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Auger, Andrew (June 18, 2017). "Venom & Black Cat Movies Will Be 'Adjuncts' to the MCU's Spider-Man". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on June 18, 2017. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- N'Duka, Amanda (June 22, 2018). "Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic 'Silk', About Korean-American Superhero". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 24, 2018. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Busch, Anita (May 19, 2017). "Tom Hardy Is 'Venom' In New Sony Marvel Film To Be Directed By Ruben Fleischer". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 21, 2017. Retrieved May 21, 2017.
- Lang, Brent; Kroll, Justin (August 9, 2018). "What's Next for the Spider-Man Universe After 'Venom' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on August 10, 2018. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Silk (upcoming film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Silk (upcoming film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.