Southern National Bancorp of Virginia
|Traded as||NASDAQ: SONA|
|Founded 📆||April 14, 2005|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
McLean, Virginia, U.S.
Area served 🗺️
|Dennis J. Zember Jr., CEO|
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Retail banking|
Number of employees
|Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia is the holding company for Sonabank, a state chartered bank with branches in Virginia, Maryland and the Washington D.C. area. 
In 2005, the company was founded.
In 2006, the company merged with 1st Service Bank of McLean.
In 2006, the company began trading on the NASDAQ under the stock symbol "SONA".
In 2009, the company entered an agreement with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to acquire Greater Atlantic Bank.
In 2012, the company entered an agreement with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to acquire Harvest Bank of Maryland.
In 2017, the company merged with Eastern Virginia Bankshares, Inc., the holding company for EVB.
In 2020, the company reported $3.1 billion in total assets.
- "Corporate Profile - Sonabank". investors.sonabank.com. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- O'Hara, Terence (2006-08-14). "Sonabank To Take Early Leap To IPO". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Overview". www.nasdaq.com. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "SONA". Unknown parameter
- "Sonabank Acquires All Deposits and Loans of Reston Based Greater Atlantic Bank". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "FDIC: Press Releases - PR-47-2012 4/27/2012". www.fdic.gov. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- reports, From staff. "EVB completes merger with Southern National; branches to become Sonabank". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Inc, Southern National Bancorp of Virginia. "Southern National Bancorp of Virginia, Inc. Announces Closing of Subordinated Notes Offering". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
Other articles of the topic Banks : Rogers Bank, Vancity Community Investment Bank, Lehman Brothers, Shinhan Bank Canada, NDB Capital Limited, A&T Bank, Banking Ombudsman Scheme (New Zealand)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Southern National Bancorp of Virginia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Southern National Bancorp of Virginia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.