St. Thomas More Catholic High School (Louisiana)
|St. Thomas More Catholic High School|
450 East Farrel Road
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette|
|Teaching staff||91.5 (on a FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.5|
|Color(s)||Navy, Maroon, and Grey|
St. Thomas More Catholic High School (STM) is a co-educational, Roman Catholic high school located in Lafayette, Louisiana. It opened its doors in 1982 and is named after the 16th-century saint Thomas More. It is owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette.
Demographics[edit | edit source]
The demographic breakdown of the 1,050 students enrolled in 2015-2016 was:
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.2%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 1.1%
- Black - 2.2%
- Hispanic - 1.3%
- White - 95.2%
Athletics[edit | edit source]
The STM mascot is the cougar. The school offers sports including football, cross country, swimming, basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, wrestling, lacrosse, golf, dancing, bowling, and soccer.
Notable alumni[edit | edit source]
- Luke Lawton - is a former NFL American football fullback, played college football at McNeese State.
- Mikie Mahtook - professional baseball outfielder for the Detroit Tigers Major League Baseball
- Lyle Mouton - Major League Baseball player, most notably for the Chicago White Sox
- Javon Walker - played football for the Cougars and retired WR, most notably for the Green Bay Packers NFL
- Andrew Stevenson (baseball) - is an American professional baseball outfielder for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball (MLB).
References[edit | edit source]
- "Search for Private Schools - School Detail for St Thomas More High School". nces.ed.gov. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "About STM - St. Thomas More Catholic High School". www.stmcougars.net. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Boards - St. Thomas More Catholic High School". www.stmcougars.net. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
[edit | edit source]
|This Louisiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "St. Thomas More Catholic High School (Louisiana)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:St. Thomas More Catholic High School (Louisiana). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.