|Private company limited by shares|
|Founded 📆||2013 in London, United Kingdom|
|Founder 👔||Matt Kuppers|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|European Union, United Kingdom|
|Matt Kuppers, Jean-Bernard Tanqueray, Letitia Seglah.|
Number of employees
Startup Manufactory is a London-based organisation that promotes entrepreneurship through a variety of ecosystem activities such as hosting startup events, public speaking and lecturing at universities. Startup Manufactory also provides expertise to organisations conducting public policy research.
The firm was founded in 2013 by Matt Kuppers, a former PhD student at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and is part of the European startup ecosystem and member of the Startup Europe Partnership (SEP) Investors Forum.. Enterprising Oxford, a University of Oxford initiative to help encourage and support entrepreneurs, reported that the firm has been nick-named "McKinsey for Startups".
Entrepreneurship training and conference speaking
The firm has developed a wide range of entrepreneurship training workshops, courses, and lectures. It is a fixture at London Business School, and founder Matt Kuppers also mentors at the Entrepreneurship Summer School, an initiative run by Professor Jeff Skinner. The firm also developed and taught an ECTS-accredited 60-hour course in entrepreneurship named Startup Academy at INSEEC Business School London in 2015 which was endorsed by Director Ron Morris. Other activities include speaking at events at the University of Oxford, the London School of Economics and Political Science, events at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and at Orange Grove Athens, the incubator of the Embassy of the Netherlands. Startup Manufactory also talked with Aggarwal, founder of ShopClues and Droom during Startup Expo 2016 in Bangalore, India who serves as a role model for millions of young founders in India. Most notably, Startup Manufactory developed an angel investor course named Angel Academy, which was piloted with London Business School in 2016 and promoted by the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA) and Tech London. Startup Manufactory also supports publicly funded programmes such as Simulation for Digital Health (SimDH), a free programme supporting health tech start-ups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs), co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
European Commission and Startup Europe
In 2015, the firm widened their scope and began supporting Startup Europe, an initiative of the European Commission. Startup Europe, headed by Isidro Laso Ballesteros and Bogdan Florin Ceobanu, aims to strengthen the business environment for web and ICT entrepreneurs so that their ideas and business can start and grow in the EU. Startup Europe work with a number of partners across the European Union who execute its affiliated startup projects. In partnership with FACE Entrepreneurship, financed under the Horizon 2020 programme of the European Commission, Startup Manufactory delivered a workshop titled Financial Fears at Wayra UK. In February 2016, Startup Manufactory co-organised Startup Europe Week London, an initiative implemented by Startup Europe Week. In one week, 16 startup events were held across London with a wide range of topics and over 2,500 tickets sold. Startup Manufactory also delivered a talk and chaired a panel discussion about how universities can promote startups at the We Start Lisbon conference held at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, backed by the Startup Europe project MY-WAY. In 2016, Matt Kuppers became an Independent Expert at the European Commission, evaluating EU-funded research projects as part of Horizon 2020.
Public policy research
In 2015, Startup Manufactory provided expertise to the Cologne Institute for Economic Research as part of their research for a study titled "Entrepreneurial culture and start-ups" for the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. In the same year Startup Manufactory also contributed to a study titled "Road mapping, Research Coordination and Policy activities supporting Future Internet-based Enterprise Innovation" by The FutureEnterprise project co-funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme and edited by the European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs.
- "Go for it and work hard" – entrepreneurship roundtable with LSE alumni". blogs.lse.ac.uk/careers/. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "SEP Investors Forum". startupeuropepartnership.eu/investor/. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Matt Kuppers - Founder and CEO of Startup Manufactory". Enterprising Oxford. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Building Your Business Plan and MVP Workshop". cleantechnologychallenge.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Product Development Workshop". london.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "New entrepreneurship course helps BBA Year 3 students to hone and improve valuable skills in competitive London environment". groupeinseec-london.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Oxford Inspires". oxfordinspires.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "London School of Economics Entrepreneurship Roundtable LSE German Alumni Meeting September 2014". blogs.lse.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Panel Event – How to Spot a Good Investment". chicagobooth.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Growth Marketing for Startups". subscribe.government.nl. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Sandeep Aggarwal, Founder of Shopclues & Droom Speaking at World Start up Expo". youtube.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Angel Academy – Foundations of Angel Investing Course & Practice". ukbusinessangelsassociation.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Angel Academy – Foundations of Angel Investing Course & Practice". tech.london. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Finding an Angel (Investor)". face-entrepreneurship.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Growth Marketing For Start-Ups". reilabs.co.uk/events/growth-marketing-start-ups/. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Startup Europe". ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Startup Europe Club". startupeuropeclub.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Face London: Money, Money, Money". face-entrepreneurship.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Startup Europe Week – London – w/ Live Stream by Startup Manufactory". tech.london. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "We Start Lisbon: MY-WAY & Digistart collaborate to inspire students in Lisbon for SEC2U!". startupeuropeclub.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "We Start Lisbon". digistart.unidemi.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "How We Start Lisbon inspired students and young entrepreneurs to turn their dreams into reality". eu-startups.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Matt Kuppers on LinkedIn". uk.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Unternehmertum: Schlüssel zum Wohlstand von morgen (in German)" (PDF). arbeitgeber.de. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Road mapping, Research Coordination and Policy activities supporting Future Internet-based Enterprise Innovation" (PDF). futureenterprise.eu. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
This article "Startup Manufactory" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Startup Manufactory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.