Statue of Christopher Columbus (New Haven, Connecticut)
|Statue of Christopher Columbus|
|Location||New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.|
A statue of Christopher Columbus was installed in New Haven, Connecticut, United States.
The statue was fabricated from heavy sheet copper by W.H. Mullins of Salem, Ohio in 1892. The gift of Italian-Americans, the statue was installed in 1892 in Wooster Square. An October 12, 1892 article in the New Haven Register described the time capsule that was placed under the statue: "The corner stone will hold a metallic box containing a number of coins and papers enclosed in a leathery case. There will be a written account of the proceedings of the day, together with a number of American, Italian, and Spanish coins.”
Vandalism and removal
Others articles of the Topic Visual arts : Noor Al Suwaidi, Alexis Marcou, Statue of Williams Carter Wickham, List of Czech artists by date, Statue of Christopher Columbus (Norwalk, Connecticut), Portraits of Presidents of the United States, Oekaki
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of monuments and memorials to Christopher Columbus
- “A Statue of Columbus to Be Erected in This City,” New Haven Evening Register, April 21, 1892
- "Building Age". David Willaims Company. June 29, 1892 – via Google Books.
- Crofut, Florence S. Marcy (June 29, 1937). "Guide to the History and the Historic Sites of Connecticut". Yale University Press – via Google Books.
- Sterba, Christopher M. (March 27, 2003). "Good Americans: Italian and Jewish Immigrants During the First World War". Oxford University Press – via Google Books.
- "History May Lie Under Columbus Pedestal | New Haven Independent". www.newhavenindependent.org. June 26, 2020.
- "CultureNOW - Christopher Columbus Monument: Roman Bronze Works Inc. and City of New Haven Public Art". culturenow.org.
- "New Haven Columbus statue reviled by many was symbol of pride for others". CTInsider.com. June 28, 2020.
- Macaluso, Laura A. (April 12, 2018). "The Public Artscape of New Haven: Themes in the Creation of a City Image". McFarland – via Google Books.
- "New Haven Columbus statue vandalized". yaledailynews.com.
- "Christopher Columbus statue vandalized in New Haven". October 8, 2017.
- Owens, David. "Hartford and New Haven will remove statues honoring Christopher Columbus". courant.com.
- "New Haven Takes Down Christopher Columbus Statue in Wooster Square".
Template:Monuments and memorials removed during the George Floyd protests
"Connecticut" is an invalid category parameter for Template:Coord missing.
The problem is usually caused either by a spelling mistake or by an-over-precise category.
For a full list of categories, see Category:Unclassified articles missing geocoordinate data and its subcategories.
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This sculpture article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Statue of Christopher Columbus (New Haven, Connecticut)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Statue of Christopher Columbus (New Haven, Connecticut). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.