Telfar Clemens is a Liberian-American fashion designer and founder of unisex fashion label TELFAR. Born in Queens, New York, Clemens lived in Liberia with his mother and four siblings until the onset of the Liberian Civil War, after which his family returned to the US.
Clemens founded TELFAR in 2005 at the age of 19. Clemens describes TELFAR as "genderless, democratic, and transformative." In 2017, TELFAR launched a collaboration with White Castle, redesigning the fast food chain's uniform. Also in 2017, TELFAR was chosen as a finalist and won the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award, which helped to fund the campaign to popularize the brand's Shopping Bag, launched in 2014. The Shopping Bag earned Clemens a nomination for Accessory Designer of the Year award at the 2019 CFDA Fashion Awards.
- Dazed (2014-08-04). "Telfar Clemens vs Babak Radboy". Dazed. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Telfar Clemens". www.showstudio.com. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Blacksher, Devine (2020-01-07). "When a Bag Becomes a Community". The Cut. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "TELFAR Talks Designing White Castle's Super-Fresh Unisex Uniforms". The FADER. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Yotka, Steff. "Telfar Wins the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund 2017". Vogue. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Dazed (2019-08-08). "Why the Telfar Shopping Bag is this decade's most important accessory". Dazed. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
This article "Telfar Clemens" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Telfar Clemens. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.