The Apostate: Call of the revenant
The Apostate: Call of the Revenant is a 2015 UK psychological horror feature film   written and directed by Andy Dodd.  , and starring Terri Dwyer and James Jaysen Bryhan. The film depicts a man (James Jaysen Bryhan) found covered in blood, in a car park surrounded by four dead bodies. Through a series of flashbacks and interviews with Detective Andrews (Terri Dwyer) ,they uncover the horrific events that took place. After Dodd's success with It's a love thing , he went on to write the story of an amnesic murderer. In order to attract producers, he shot a low-budget short film from a scene out of the script, playing with a non-linear narrative. This became successful and in 2014, producers from MangoTree Films were immediately attached. The film was given a small budget and shot over a period of 28 days. Critical responses were generally mixed, but the film gained a cult following leading to it becoming known as the new wave in psychological horror.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- James Jaysen Bryhan as Lance Cooper
- Terri Dwyeras detective Hollie Andrews
- Bob Sanderson as Thomas Harris
- Carol Cummings as Michelle Laine
- Hannah Smart as Samantha Hendry
- Luke Odenwalder as Luke Oden
- Anthony Webster as The Revenant
References[edit | edit source]
- "Horror News". Horror News. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- "Anything Horror". Anything Horror. Anything Horror. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "The Apostate: call of the revenant". M.J. Simpson. M.J. Simpson. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "British film council". British film council. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Movie Pilot". Movie Pilot.
- "The Independent Critic". The Independent Critic.
 Rogue Cinema
[edit | edit source]
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Apostate: Call of the revenant|
This article "The Apostate: Call of the revenant" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Apostate: Call of the revenant. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.