The Blonde Neighbor
@lavecinarubia is a funny anonymous instagrammer and influencer born and based in Madrid, Spain. Nobody on the social networks world has seen her face or knows her name. She is known for making jokes about the blonde girls (including herself) and for being in love with the spanish model and actor Jon Kortajarena. She started using therms created by herself and they became famous in just a year. After that, so many people started using them on instagram, including famous people working on the social media industry.
She started using social networks because of a friend, but so many people saw funny content on her posts, so her followers started to increase between 2016 and 2017.
The influencer is famous for her posts, but not for her face. She always covers her face when somebody posts a picture of her, as well as she does when she posts a picture of herself.
[edit | edit source]
The influencer opened her social networks on 2014., when her best friend told her that when he was sad he used to watch her Facebook and laugh. Her popularity increased between 2016 and 2017.
Famous terms or phrases[edit | edit source]
- Pelazo (big hair)
- Claro que sí guapi (yes of course pretty)
- Tengo pelazo y cerebro debajo (I have big hair and a brain underneath)
- Madrugar es de guapas (getting up early is something of pretty girls)
- Escribir bien es de guapas y rectificar, de mises (write well is something of pretty girls and to rectify, something of misses)
- Me estoy haciendo ilusiones y me están quedando preciosas (I'm making illusions and they are remaining precious)
- Rubijarena (Rubijarena)
- Jelipóller (Douchebag)
- Don't worry be guapi (Don't worry be pretty)
- Me bajo de la vida (I get off the life)
- Ir piripi (Being drunk)
- Ser rubia a veces es difícil (Being blonde is difficult sometimes)
- Hacer lo que te salga del unicornio (Do whatever comes out of your unicorn)
Rubijarena[edit | edit source]
The term "Rubijarena" is a mix of the names of the instagrammer (La Vecina Rubia) and Kortajarena.
The story between the model and actor Jon Kortajarena and the instagrammer started when he asked for a massage on twitter on June 19th of 2016. @lavecinarubia replied his tweet, he liked it and they started virtually talking. On April 22th of 2017, the National Police of Spain replied her tweet of starting a research to investigate her heart's theft.
Their first meeting was on June 8th of 2017, inside the Santo Mauro hotel in Madrid. Both of them showed us their meeting on their social networks, but the @lavecinarubia's face was covered to keep her anonymity.
Story with the RAE[edit | edit source]
The instagrammer always sends tweets to the RAE (Real Academia Española), the dictionary of reference of the spanish language. She often sends tweets to them asking for the correct way of spelling or writing concrete words. What is fun of this story is that the Academy, which is an important and recognized institution, replies and answers her. This is an example:
@lavecinarubia: Hi RAE! Sometimes I sing songs like "nace una ilusióoooon" and I don't know if I have to put the accent mark on the first or on the last "o".
@RAEinforma: #RAEconsultas You should put the accent mark on every vocal that you repeat: "Nace una ilusióóóóón"
Book "Inglés para rubias que no tienen un pelo de tontas"[edit | edit source]
"Inglés para rubias que no tienen un pelo de tontas" is the result of a collaboration between the instagrammer and the Vaughan method.
@lavecinarubia says that the objective of the book is to transform boredom into fun for blondes who don't like to study English but have to.
The book includes eight chapters and a blonde-guide (rubiguía)  to improve pronunciation, because "to pronounce good is something of pretty girls", downloadable audios and much more.
The illustrations are from Isa Muguruza and the motto of the book is "Para que te subas al inglés sin despeinarte el pelazo", which means to board the train without disheveled your big hair.
App "Escribir bien es de guapas"[edit | edit source]
This app is a collaboration of @lavecinarubia with Wiko "Game Changer", which is a french phones brand, of and it's a tool to write correctly. It's available on Apple Store and also on Google Play and in both cases it's free.
The app is made of different sections which are:
- Rubitips "Blonde-tips": These are tips to write correctly in spanish.
- Rubiconsultas "Blonde-questions": In this section, there are real questions that she makes to the RAE on twitter.
- Game of Rubias "Game of Blondes": This is a trivial game with spelling and grammar questions.
- Leyendas Rubiurbanas "Legends Blonde-urban": These are spelling rumors that runs through internet.
- Firma con pelazo "Sign with a big hair": In this section, you can support the request for Pelazo (Big hair) to be on the dictionary.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Madrid". Wikipedia. 2018-05-08.
- "Jon Kortajarena". Wikipedia. 2018-04-19.
- "La vecina rubia de Twitter" (in español). Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "La Vecina Rubia on Instagram: "Soy muy fan del concepto «jelipoller». #comprovocalyresuelvo #mebajodelavida #meprecipitodeloshaters…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "La loca historia de la vecina rubia que persigue a Kortajarena". El Español (in español). Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- BARCELONA, EL PERIÓDICO / (2017-04-26). "'La vecina rubia' se lía ahora con la RAE". elperiodico (in español). Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "La Vecina Rubia presenta 'Inglés para rubias', su primer libro para aprender inglés de la forma más divertida" (in español). Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "Inglés para rubias que no tienen un pelo de tontas". Grupo Vaughan (in español). Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- "La vecina rubia on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
This article "The Blonde Neighbor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Blonde Neighbor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.