The Boys in the Band (2020 film)
|The Boys in the Band|
|Directed by||Joe Mantello|
|Screenplay by||Mart Crowley|
|Based on||The Boys in the Band|
by Mart Crowley
Ryan Murphy Productions
The Boys in the Band is an upcoming Netflix film directed by Joe Mantello. The film is produced by Ryan Murphy, David Stone, and Ned Martel. The film stars Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells, Charlie Carver, Robin de Jesús, Brian Hutchison, Tuc Watkins, and Michael Benjamin Washington.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
On April 18, 2019, Ryan Murphy announced on his Instagram that the play The Boys in the Band would be adapted for Netflix, as a part of his $300 million dollar deal with the streaming platform. Murphy had previously revived the play for Broadway in 2018 and confirmed the director of the revival, Joe Mantello, would direct the film. David Stone and Ned Martel were announced as producers alongside Murphy. It was also confirmed that the entire cast of the 2018 Broadway revival would reprise their roles for the film, making the film have a cast of entirely openly gay actors.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dry, Jude (17 April 2019). "Ryan Murphy to Bring Controversial Gay Play 'The Boys in the Band' to Netflix". IndieWire. Archived from the original on 17 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- Rorke, Robert (2019-04-17). "'Boys in the Band' is filming for Netflix, Ryan Murphy reveals". New York Post. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "'Boys in the Band' Movie Coming to Netflix, Ryan Murphy Says". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "Jim Parsons on the Significance of 'Boys in the Band' Movie Starring All Out, Gay Actors (Exclusive)". ca.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- D'Addario, Daniel; D'Addario, Daniel (2019-06-19). "Jim Parsons on Coming Out and Life After 'The Big Bang Theory'". Variety. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "Tuesday, July 16 Filming Locations for To All The Boys I Loved Before 3, Stumptown, Bull, & more!". OnLocationVacations. July 15, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Dry, Jude; Dry, Jude (2019-06-05). "Ryan Murphy Knows 'Boys in the Band' Has a Problematic History, That's Why He's Bringing It to Netflix". IndieWire. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Film AND LGBT : List of LGBT-related films
Others articles of the Topic Film : Rush Hour (franchise), Olga Pohankova, Yara (2018 film), John Lennon, Jaguar Studios, Tony Curtis (actor), Children of the Corn: Runaway
Others articles of the Topic LGBT : Massachusetts Area South Asian Lambda Association, Bandy Kiki, Axis Nightclub, Pride High, Frei Caneca Street, JustUsBoys, Snatch Game
This article "The Boys in the Band (2020 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Boys in the Band (2020 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.