The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair
|The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair|
|Directed by||Joe Johnston|
|Written by||David Magee|
|Based on||The Silver Chair by C.S Lewis|
|Distributed by||TriStar Pictures|
After Walden Media's contract of the series' film rights expired in 2011, it was originally assumed that 2014 would be the earliest that production on another Narnia film could begin according to the moratorium placed on the C. S. Lewis estate's right to sell the books' film option. On October 1, 2013, The C.S. Lewis Company announced that it had entered into an agreement with the Mark Gordon Company to produce The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair, based on The Silver Chair. Mark Gordon and Douglas Gresham along with Vincent Sieber, the Los Angeles based director of The C.S. Lewis Company, would serve as producers and work with The Mark Gordon Company on developing the script. On December 5, 2013, it was announced that David Magee would write the screenplay.
In July 2014, the official Narnia website allowed the opportunity for fans to suggest names for the Lady of the Green Kirtle, the main antagonist. The winning name is to be selected by Mark Gordon and David Magee for use in the final script of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair.
While the film's producers have been calling the film a "reboot" to the series, in actuality this is referring to the fact that the film has a new creative team not associated with those who worked on the previous three films. The film itself is still considered to be sequel to the film adaptation of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was announced that Sony Pictures and Entertainment One would finance the fourth film with both Mark Gordon Company and C.S. Lewis Company. By April 2017, Joe Johnston was signed to direct the film. Principal photography was scheduled to begin in late 2018, but in October 2018, it was announced that Netflix and the C. S. Lewis Company had made a multi-year agreement to develop a new series of film and TV adaptations of The Chronicles of Narnia, leaving the fate of The Silver Chair unknown.
- The Deadline Team. "Fourth 'Chronicles Of Narnia' Movie In Works From Mark Gordon Co - Deadline". Deadline.
- "'Narnia' Sequel Taps David Magee to Write Script". The Wrap. December 5, 2013.
- "Enter The Silver Chair Movie Contest!". Narnia.com.
- "Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair to Reboot the Franchise". Collider. January 12, 2016.
- Katharine Trendacosta. "With This Chronicles of Narnia News, the Word 'Reboot' Is Officially Gibberish". io9. Gawker Media.
- Fleming, Jr, Mike (August 9, 2016). "TriStar, Mark Gordon & eOne Revive 'The Chronicles Of Narnia' With 'The Silver Chair'". Deadline.
- Kroll, Justin (April 26, 2017). "'Captain America' Director Joe Johnston Boards 'Narnia' Revival 'The Silver Chair' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- "20 Crazy Details Behind Making Of The Chronicles Of Narnia Movies". Screen Rant. September 5, 2018. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Evry, Max (October 3, 2018). "Chronicles of Narnia TV Series and Movies are Heading to Netflix!". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved January 5, 2019.
This article "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.