The Matchmaker (2018 film)
|Film poster; from left to right, and elderly man, a short and curly-haired elderly woman, and a taller gray-haired elderly woman are leaning on a railing of what appears to be an apartment building. The three are laughing and talking.|
|Directed by||Leonora Pitts|
|Screenplay by||Sy Rosen|
|Music by||Nick Pierone|
The Matchmaker is a 2018 short drama film directed by Leonora Pitts.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Sam is concerned that Flora, his elderly mother, is not getting the mental stimulation she needs to stave off dementia. When she moved into a retirement community, he decides to find her an ideal best friend to talk to, and keep her mind occupied. His entry into the lives of various residents in the community has unexpected results - some funny, and some heartbreaking.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2018: Women Over 50 Film Festival - Best Drama
- 2018: Dam Short Film Festival: Best of the Fest Audience Award
Official selection - Select festival screenings[edit | edit source]
- Newport Beach Film Festival
- Hollywood Comedy Short Film Festival
- Bentonville Film Festival
- LA Shorts International Film Festival
- Raindance Film Festival
- Oregon Short Film Festival
- ReelAbilities Film Festival: New York
- San Luis Obispo International Film Festival
References[edit | edit source]
- "TV Writer Sy Rosen talks about his short film 'The Matchmaker'". King5 News. King5 News. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "The Matchmaker". JessieEisenstein.com. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- Lee (2018-01-01). "2018-The Matchmaker". Dam Short Film Festival. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "The Matchmaker". festival.raindance.org. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Oregon Short Film Festival". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "The Matchmaker". ReelAbilities Film Festival: New York. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "The Matchmaker". San Luis Obispo International Film Festival. 2019-02-12. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
[edit | edit source]
This article "The Matchmaker (2018 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Matchmaker (2018 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.