The Miz and Damien Mizdow
|The Miz and Damien Mizdow|
The Miz (left) and his stunt double, Damien Mizdow), in September 2014
|Name(s)||The Miz and Damien Mizdow|
|Debut||August 25, 2014|
|Disbanded||March 29, 2015|
The Miz and Damien Mizdow were a professional wrestling tag team in WWE. The team's gimmick was that Miz was an arrogant movie star and Mizdow was his stunt double. Miz won the Intercontinental Championship once with Mizdow's assistance, and together they held the WWE Tag Team Championship once. Mizdow's impersonations of Miz won him a Slammy Award for the LOL Moment of the Year in 2014.
The Miz returned to Raw in June 2014 after a two-month hiatus, adapting the on-screen character of a Hollywood A-Lister. During this time, Damien Sandow had transitioned from his "Intellectual Savior of the Masses" character to a comedic impersonator, impersonating several celebrities, historical figures, and wrestlers. The team was created on August 25, 2014. Sandow then billed himself as Damien Mizdow and became the stunt double of The Miz, mimicking every move Miz made during his matches and mannerisms when not wrestling. At Night of Champions, Mizdow helped Miz to win the Intercontinental Championship from Dolph Ziggler. The following night on Raw, Miz lost the title back to Ziggler. At Hell in a Cell, Miz was unsuccessful to win the United States Championship against Sheamus, even though Mizdow was present. The fans soon started cheering Mizdow while booing The Miz.
At Survivor Series, The Miz and Mizdow captured the WWE Tag Team Championship by defeating the defending champions Gold and Stardust, The Usos, and Los Matadores, in a four-way tag team match. At TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, they were defeated by The Usos via disqualification, but still retained the championship. On the December 29 episode of Raw, they lost the titles to The Usos. On the January 9, 2015 episode of SmackDown, Miz and Mizdow failed to regain the titles in a triple threat tag team match. At Royal Rumble, Miz and Mizdow challenged The Usos for the titles once again in a losing effort. Later that night, both Miz and Mizdow competed in the Rumble match with Miz entering at No. 1, but was eliminated by the returning Bubba Ray Dudley and Mizdow entering at No. 21. Miz would try to take Mizdow's spot, only for Roman Reigns to push him off the apron, allowing Mizdow to enter, where he would be quickly eliminated by Rusev.
Tensions and split
On the February 2 episode of Raw, Miz would fire Mizdow as his stunt double after Mizdow began to gain more attention from fans before quickly rehiring Mizdow as his personal assistant. Further tensions between the two would arise as on the February 16 episode of Raw, Mizdow would lose his match against Bad News Barrett after constant distractions from Miz. On the March 2 episode of Raw, Mizdow would mock Miz during a screening of Miz's new commercial, causing Miz to slap Mizdow, with Mizdow reluctantly apologising. Later that week on the March 5 episode of SmackDown, Miz and Mizdow would be defeated by The New Day members Kofi Kingston and Big E after Miz would refuse to tag in Mizdow, which resulted in Mizdow leaving the ring apron and turning his back from the ring. After several weeks of slowly dissolving, on the March 16 episode of Raw, after The Miz lost his match against Ryback, he delivered a Skull Crushing Finale to Mizdow. At WrestleMania 31, Mizdow eliminated The Miz in the André the Giant Battle Royal Match to cement his face turn, only to be eliminated by Big Show, who won the match in the process. Miz and Mizdow would give each other the Skull-Crushing Finale to each other on Raw and SmackDown, respectively, after their matches. This led to a match on Raw, which Miz would win. Later, after Miz showed a trailer for his new movie The Marine 4: Moving Target, Mizdow came out and attacked Miz. He then turned and kissed Miz's co-star in the movie Summer Rae. The Miz and Mizdow faced each other in a match to determine who would keep The Miz brand on the April 20 episode of Raw. During the match, the villainous Summer Rae betrayed Mizdow, allowing Miz to perform a Skull-Crushing Finale for the win.
- Finishing moves
- Skull-Crushing Finale (Full nelson facebuster)
- Signature moves
- "The Moneymaker" (The Miz)
- "The Stunt Double" (Damien Mizdow)
- Entrance themes
- "I Came to Play" with Hollywood Intro by Downstait
Championships and accomplishments
- "WWE Raw results, August 25, 2014: John Cena sends Brock Lesnar a message and Nikki Bella casts Brie out". WWE. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Ask PWTorch Staff for 7/5: Will Cesaro eventually wrestle Brock? What did Sandow do wrong anyway? Should WWE be careful about how wrestlers are portrayed on NXT if they plan to promote them to main roster? Is Cena the ultimate company man". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Benigno, Anthony. "WWE Raw results, August 25, 2014: John Cena sends Brock Lesnar a message and Nikki Bella casts Brie out". WWE.com. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Dolph Ziggler & "R-Ziggler" vs. The Miz vs. Damien "Mizdow": SmackDown, September 12, 2014 (3:01)". WWE. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- Caldwell, James. "Caldwell's WWE NOC PPV report 9/21: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live PPV - Lesnar vs. Cena". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Tedesco, Mike. "WWE Raw Results - 9/22/14 (John Cena vs. Randy Orton)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Caldwell, James (November 23, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE S. SERIES PPV RESULTS 11/23: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Team Cena vs. Team Authority, more". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Tedesco, Mike. "WWE RAW Results - 12/29/14 (Cena brings Authority back)". wrestleview.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE Main Event report: Tag Champs in action; Thanksgiving Food Fight; Ambrose vs. Kane; the new fangled Fandango". pwinsider.com. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT: WRESTLEMANIA PRE-SHOW REMATCH; CESARO VERSUS RYDER; RAW RECAPS; AND A NEW ANNOUNCER". PWInsider.
- Capuano, Ryan (July 15, 2008). "WWE ECW TV report". Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
the swinging corner clothesline.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE MAIN EVENT REPORT: MIZ VERSUS DOLPH ZIGGLER; BARRETT VERSUS GABRIEL; JOHN CENA WILL APPEAR NEXT WEEK; DAMIEN SANDOW ADDS SOME CLASS TO THE SHOW". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Howell, Nolan. "Main Event: Dust brothers continue mean streak". Slam Wrestling. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
Other articles of the topic Professional wrestling : War Kings, WWE, Jonah Rock, WWE Intercontinental Championship, Women's Extreme Wrestling, WWF Mayhem in Manchester, Alex Arion
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "The Miz and Damien Mizdow" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.