Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (upcoming film)
|The Nightmare before Christmas|
|Produced by||Tim Burton|
|Based on||The Nightmare Before Christmas|
by Tim Burton
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
There is a live-action remake of the 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton. As for now, it is on the table being considered, split between live action or completely animated.
In 2001, Disney began to consider producing a sequel, but rather than using stop motion, Disney wanted to use computer animation. Burton convinced Disney to drop the idea. "I was always very protective of Nightmare not to do sequels or things of that kind," Burton explained. "You know, 'Jack visits Thanksgiving world' or other kinds of things just because I felt the movie had a purity to it and the people that like it… Because it's a mass-market kind of thing, it was important to kind of keep that purity of it." The 2004 video game The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge did serve as a sequel of the film, with Capcom's crew of developers going after Burton for advice, and having the collaboration of the film's art director, Deane Taylor. In 2009, Selick said he would do a film sequel if he and Burton could create a good story for it.
In February 2019, it was reported that a new Nightmare Before Christmas film was in the works, with Disney considering either a stop-motion sequel or live-action remake.
- Fred Topel (August 25, 2008). "Director Henry Selick Interview – The Nightmare Before Christmas". About.com. Archived from the original on 2008-09-25. Retrieved September 27, 2008.
- "CYNAMATIC: EXCLUSIVE: Masato Yoshino Gets Oogie's Revenge". MovieWeb. October 7, 2005. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge – Deane Taylor Interview". TeamXbox. September 19, 2005. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Otto, Jack (February 1, 2009). "How possible is a sequel to Nightmare Before Christmas?". Blastr. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Lowery, Mike. "Exclusive : Talks underway for Nightmare Before Christmas follow-up". Moviehole. Moviehole. Archived from the original on 2019-02-10. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
This article "The Nightmare Before Christmas (upcoming film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Nightmare Before Christmas (upcoming film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.