The Rosie Project (film)
This article needs to be updated.
|The Rosie Project|
|Directed by||Ben Taylor|
|Produced by||Matt Tolmach|
|Screenplay by||Scott Neustadter|
Michael H. Weber
|Based on||The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion|
Matt Tolmach Productions
|Distributed by||TriStar Pictures|
In September 2014 it was confirmed that Sony Pictures had optioned film rights to the Australian novel The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Simsion penned the first draft of the script and screenwriters Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber were later brought on to work on the final script, with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller set to potentially direct. On July 10, 2015, TriStar Pictures set Jennifer Lawrence to star in the romantic dramedy, while the studio was in search for new director since Lord and Miller left the project after signing on to direct an untitled Star Wars Han Solo film. Matt Tolmach and Michael Costigan would produce the film. On July 27, 2015, Deadline reported that Richard Linklater was the frontrunner and in early talks to direct the film. On October 13, 2015, it was confirmed that Lawrence had exited the film because she was in talks to join Darren Aronofsky's mystery film, while Linklater was confirmed to direct the film. On the very next day, it was announced that actress Lawrence and director Linklater, both had left the film due to scheduling conflicts. In June 2017, it was reported that the TriStar had hired Ben Taylor to direct the film.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (2014-09-23). "'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script". Deadline. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (July 10, 2015). "Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Love Story 'Rosie Project' (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (July 27, 2015). "'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Frontrunner To Helm Jennifer Lawrence In 'The Rosie Project'". deadline.com. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (October 13, 2015). "Jennifer Lawrence Drops Out of Sony's 'The Rosie Project' (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (October 14, 2018). "Richard Linklater Follows Jennifer Lawrence Off Sony's 'Rosie Project' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Siegel, Tatiana (June 20, 2017). "TriStar Romantic Comedy 'Rosie Project' Finds Director (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
This article "The Rosie Project (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Rosie Project (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.