Tirukkural translations into Meitei
|Part of a series on|
The only Meitei translation of the Kural text was made by Soibam Rebika Devi, a botanist, linguist, and translator from Imphal, Manipur, who translated the complete work in prose form. The translation was completed in about a year and a half's time. It is considered the first ever translation of a Tamil work into the Meitei language. The translation was published by the Central Institute of Classical Tamil (CICT), Chennai in 2012. The translation was part of CICT's project of translating the Kural into multiple languages including Telugu, Kannada, Nepali, Punjabi and other Indian languages. The translation was officially released in Imphal in March 2014 by the governor of Manipur.
In November 2014, the CICT planned to recite the Meitei translation along with translations in 9 other languages to commemorate the launch of the institution's Telugu and Kannada translations of the Kural text.
- Soibam Rebika Devi (Trans.). (2012). Tirukkural in Manipuri. Chennai, India: Central Institute of Classical Tamil. 334 pp. ISBN 978-8190800082 Search this book on ..
- D’Souza, Vincent (28 June 2013). "Tirukkural now in Manipuri verses". The New Indian Express. Mysore: Express Publications. Retrieved 27 May 2021.
- Khan, Tariq (2017). "From the Scholars' Desk" (PDF). The Translation Bulletin. Mysuru: National Translation Mission, Central Institute of Indian Languages (18): 41. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- Krishnamachari, Suganthy (20 November 2014). "Under the spell of the Kural". The Hindu. Chennai: Kasturi & Sons. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- Mariappan, Julie (29 October 2012). "Tirukkural goes into Punjabi now". The Times of India. Chennai: The Times Group. Retrieved 8 June 2021.
- Express News Service (25 March 2014). "Thirukkural to be Released in Bengali Soon". The New Indian Express. Chennai: Express Publications. Retrieved 27 May 2021.
- TNN (13 November 2014). "Telugu, Kannada versions of 'kural' to be launched today". The Times of India. Chennai: The Times Group. Retrieved 27 May 2021.
This article "Tirukkural translations into Meitei" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tirukkural translations into Meitei. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.