UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns
|UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns|
|File:UFC Fight Night- Woodley vs Burns.png|
The poster for UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 30, 2020|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Attendance||None (behind closed doors)|
UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns (also known as UFC on ESPN 9) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that took place on May 30, 2020 at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, this event was originally expected to held an event on May 23, but eventually pushed it back to May 30 at a yet TBD location. UFC president Dana White stated that he intended for the event to take place in Las Vegas. However, if the Nevada state government did not allow the fight to happen due to restrictions put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, he would look to have the event take place in Arizona instead, since professional sports were allowed to return on May 15 without fans in attendance. White confirmed on May 20 that the event will be held at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, despite no official announcement from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) regarding permission for combat sports. The NSAC approved the return of mixed martial arts events to the state on May 27.
A welterweight bout between former UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley and Gilbert Burns was long rumored to serve as the event headliner. On May 22, Dana White confirmed the main event and entire card to be broadcast on ESPN.
Additionally, the event includes fighters that were pulled from other events previously cancelled, as well as the following bouts:
- A heavyweight bout between former WSOF Heavyweight Champion Blagoy Ivanov and Augusto Sakai (scheduled for the original May 9 date of UFC 250 that later became UFC 249).
- A women's strawweight bout between Mackenzie Dern and Hannah Cifers (scheduled for UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Teixeira on April 25).
At the weigh-ins, Brok Weaver weighed in at 157.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit of 156 pounds. He was fined 20 percent of his purse and his bout with Roosevelt Roberts proceeded at a catchweight.
|Main Card (ESPN)|
|Welterweight||Gilbert Burns||def.||Tyron Woodley||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–44, 50–44)||5||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Augusto Sakai||def.||Blagoy Ivanov||Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (150 lbs)||Billy Quarantillo||def.||Spike Carlyle||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (157.5 lbs)||Roosevelt Roberts||def.||Brok Weaver||Submission (rear naked choke)||2||3:26|
|Women’s Strawweight||Mackenzie Dern||def.||Hannah Cifers||Submission (kneebar)||1||2:36|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+)|
|Women's Flyweight||Katlyn Chookagian||def.||Antonina Shevchenko||Decision (unanimous) (30–25, 30–25, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Daniel Rodriguez||def.||Gabriel Green||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Jamahal Hill||def.||Klidson Abreu||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||1||1:51|
|Flyweight||Brandon Royval||def.||Tim Elliott||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||3:18|
|Bantamweight||Casey Kenney||def.||Louis Smolka||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||3:03|
|Featherweight||Chris Gutiérrez||def.||Vince Morales||TKO (leg kicks)||2||4:27|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Brandon Royval vs. Tim Elliott
- Performance of the Night: Gilbert Burns and Mackenzie Dern
Others articles of the Topics Martial Arts AND United States : Cancelled UFC event on May 30, 2020
Others articles of the Topic Martial Arts : Cancelled UFC event on May 30, 2020
Others articles of the Topic United States : Rate of wrongful convictions in the United States, Moon Griffon, Breadline Cafe, Indiana, Connecticut, Mexican American, Ben Toledano
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of UFC events
- List of current UFC fighters
- 2020 in UFC
- Farah Hannoun (2020-05-20). "Dana White says UFC's May 30 event to be held at Apex in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Nolan King (2020-05-12). "UFC eyes May 30 as new date for event originally planned May 23". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-13.
- Tristen Critchfield (2020-05-17). "Dana White: Arizona targeted for May 30 UFC event if Las Vegas isn't open". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Nolan King (2020-05-27). "Nevada Athletic Commission approves first Las Vegas UFC events since COVID-19 outbreak". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Ariel Helwani (2020-05-19). "Tyron Woodley to fight Gilbert Burns at UFC Fight Night on May 30". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- Staff (2020-05-22). "Dana White announces full UFC on ESPN 9 lineup for May 30 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- Nolan King (2020-05-26). "Kevin Holland injured, out of UFC on ESPN 9 bout vs. Daniel Rodriguez". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- Nolan King (2020-05-26). "Gabriel Green expected to replace Kevin Holland at UFC on ESPN 9, meet Daniel Rodriguez". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Staff (2020-05-29). "UFC on ESPN 9 weigh-in results: Woodley, Burns official, but one fighter misses". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- "UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2020-05-30.
- Stephie Haynes (2020-05-31). "UFC Las Vegas bonuses: Dern's record-setting kneebar wins POTN". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
This article "UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.