|Directed by||Kelly Asbury|
|Produced by||Robert Rodriguez|
|Music by||Christopher Lennertz|
|Distributed by||STX Entertainment|
Search UglyDolls (film) on Amazon.
UglyDolls is an upcoming American computer-animated comedy film directed by Kelly Asbury and written by Blaise Hemingway, Erica Rivinoja, and Larry Stuckey. It is based on the Uglydoll plush toys. The film features the voices of Kelly Clarkson, Pitbull, and Nick Jonas. It is scheduled to be released on May 10, 2019 by STX Entertainment.
Moxy and her UglyDolls friends confront what it means to be different, struggle with their desire to be loved, and ultimately discover that you don’t have to be perfect to be amazing because who you truly are is what matters most.
- Kelly Clarkson as Moxy
- Nick Jonas
In May 2011, it was announced that Illumination Entertainment had acquired the rights to Uglydolls to make an animated feature film. Chris Meledandri was set to produce, with a screenplay from Larry Stuckey. The original creators, David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim, were set to executive produce. Four years later, in 2015, Variety magazine reported that an animated film based on Uglydolls would be the first project produced by STX Entertainment's new "family and animation" division. On March 28, 2017, Robert Rodriguez signed on to direct, write, and produce the film, with a release date set for May 10, 2019. The film would be produced by Troublemaker Studios and OddLot Entertainment, with animation being provided by Reel FX Creative Studios.
In March 2018, it was announced that the voice of rapper Pitbull would be featured in the film for an unknown role, and he would also provide an original song for the film. In May 2018, it was announced that Kelly Asbury had signed on to direct the feature film. In July 2018, another singer Kelly Clarkson joined the voice cast of the film as the voice of Moxy, and will provide an original song for the film In August 2018, Nick Jonas joined the voice cast of the film, and he would also perform an original song for the film.
UglyDolls is scheduled to be released on May 10, 2019 by STX Entertainment.
- Dave McNary (August 29, 2018). "Nick Jonas Joins STX's 'UglyDolls' Movie". Variety. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Fleming, Mike (May 26, 2011). "Chris Meledandri's Illumination To Turn Uglydoll Into Animated Film". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Lang, Brent (May 28, 2015). "STX Entertainment Plans Uglydoll Film, Launches Family Division (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Khatchatourian, Maane (March 28, 2017). "Robert Rodriguez to Direct 'Ugly Dolls' Animated Film for STX". Variety. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- "Why Hollywood Can't Stop Making Films About Lego, Emojis, And Angry Birds". Cartoon Brew. August 14, 2017. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Dave McNary (March 13, 2018). "Pitbull Joining STX's Animated UglyDolls Movie". Variety. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Donnelly, Matt (May 23, 2018). "STX Sets 'Uglydolls' Animated Series, Feature Streaming Deal at Hulu". TheWrap. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (July 11, 2018). "Kelly Clarkson To Lead Voice Cast Of STX's 'Uglydolls' Movie". Deadline. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (2018-08-29). "Nick Jonas Joins The Band For STX's 'UglyDolls' Movie". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
This article "UglyDolls (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:UglyDolls (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.