Untitled Black Widow film
|Directed by||Cate Shortland|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Screenplay by||Ned Benson|
O. T. Fagbenle
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
The Untitled Black Widow film is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Black Widow, which is created by Stan Lee, Don Rico and Don Heck. The film is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home. The film stars Scarlett Johansson as the titular character, alongside Florence Pugh, O. T. Fagbenle, David Harbour and Rachel Weisz.
At birth, Natasha Romanova is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the Soviet Union breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative.
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Rachel Weisz
- David Harbour
- Florence Pugh
- O. T. Fagbenle
Screenwriter David Hayter wrote the script for the film, when the film's character rights were still at Artisan Entertainment/Lionsgate back in 2004.
Producer Kevin Feige indicated interest in doing a solo Black Widow film in September 2010 and in February 2014, development work had begun on it, with Jac Schaeffer and Ned Benson hired to write the script. In July 2018, Cate Shortland was hired to direct. Johansson will also be a producer on the film. Previously, director Neil Marshall had expressed interest in directing the film.
Rachel Weisz and David Harbour was in talks to appear in the film in April 2019.
Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Alice Englert and Dar Zuzovsky was all considered for Pugh's role. At some point, Watson is the front-runner for the role.
André Holland was considered for the role which came to O. T. Fagbenle.
- Pirrello, Phil (September 22, 2010). "Black Widow: The Movie?". IGN. Archived from the original on June 21, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Couto, Anthony (February 12, 2014). "Feige: Black Widow's Past to be Explored in Avengers 2 and Possible Solo Film". IGN. Archived from the original on February 13, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (January 10, 2018). "Marvel's Standalone 'Black Widow' Movie Gains Momentum With Jac Schaeffer Writing". Variety. Archived from the original on January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Sneider, Jeff (February 15, 2019). "Exclusive: Marvel, Scarlett Johansson Tap Ned Benson to Rewrite 'Black Widow' Movie". Collider. Archived from the original on March 29, 2019. Retrieved April 6, 2019.
- Kit, Borys (July 12, 2018). "'Black Widow' Movie Finds Director in Cate Shortland (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on July 12, 2018. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (April 30, 2019). "Robert Downey Jr.'s Massive Payday Tops 'Avengers: Endgame' Star Deals". Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on May 1, 2019. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- Nemiroff, Perri (August 26, 2014). "Neil Marshall Is Interested in Directing a BLACK WIDOW Movie". Collider. Archived from the original on September 28, 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "Rachel Weisz and David Harbour Are Circling Black Widow". April 3, 2019.
This article "Untitled Black Widow film" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Untitled Black Widow film. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.